How to get Mewtwo in Pokemon GO
| Pokemon GO
Without a doubt, Pokemon GO is one of the most popular Pokemon games, and this is not surprising since players can use their mobile devices and become real Pokémon Trainers. You can explore different places in real life and catch various Pokémon. However, some Pokémon are so rare that players have to wait for years to catch them. And one of the rarest and most coveted Pokémon is Mewtwo. Luckily, we know how to get Mewtwo in Pokemon GO.
Mewtwo is one of the most famous Legendary Pokémon, which appeared back in Generation 1. It is artificially created from Mew's DNA. But despite this, Mewtwo is very strong. It is one of the strongest Pokémon of all time. Therefore, it is not surprising that many Trainers are hunting for it.
- How to get Mew in Pokemon GO
- Pokemon GO - How to catch Shiny Giratina
- Pokemon GO Shadow Pokemon and how to catch them
MEWTWO IN POKEMON GO
Source: YouTube Poké Daxi
Mewtwo is truly one of the most coveted Pokémon in Pokemon GO. It is a Psychic type with high damage and various effective Moves.
And since Mewtwo is a Psychic type, it will take 160% damage from Dark, Ghost, and Bug-type Pokémon. However, Fighting and Psychic-type Moves will deal almost half as much damage to it. You can train Mewtwo with the following Moves:
- Confusion (Fast Psychic Move)
- Confusion (Fast Psychic Move)
- Psystrike (Charged Psychic Move)
- Psychic (Charged Psychic Move)
- Return (Normal Psychic Move)
- Frustration (Normal Psychic Move)
- Hyper Beam (Normal Psychic Move)
- Shadow Ball (Ghost Psychic Move)
- Focus Blast (FightingPsychic Move)
- Thunderbolt (Electric Psychic Move)
- Ice Beam (Ice Psychic Move)
- Flamethrower (Fire Psychic Move)
As you can see, Mewtwo has some great moves. If you need recommendations, here are the best moves for Mewtwo.
HOW TO GET MEWTWO IN POKEMON GO
So, now you know how cool Mewtwo is in Pokémon Go, and you probably want to have it in your collection. Mewtwo doesn't spawn in the wild, and the only way to catch Mewtwo in Pokémon GO is to wait for the 5-star Raid.
Mewtwo is already one of the strongest Pokémon in the game. And as a boss, it becomes an even more dangerous opponent. Therefore, you must carefully prepare and use the most effective Pokémon. We recommend these options:
- Pheromosa - Bug Bite (Bug-type Fast Move) and Bug Buzz (Bug-type Charged Move)
- Chandelure - Hex (Ghost-type Fast Move) and Shadow Ball (Ghost-type Charged Move)
- Gengar - Lick (Ghost-type Fast Move) and Shadow Ball (Ghost-type Charged Move)
- Darkrai - Snarl (Dark-type Fast Move) and Shadow Ball (Ghost-type Charged Move)
The 5-star Raid in Pokemon Go is quite a challenge. Developers like to add various Pokémon to 5-star Raids, especially those that haven't been introduced to Pokémon Go yet. Mewtwo hasn't appeared in 5-star Raids recently though, so sadly, since developers have not yet announced Mewtwo's return, it is impossible to catch it in Pokémon Go at the moment.
ALTERNATE VERSIONS OF MEWTWO IN POKEMON GO
So, getting Mewtwo in Pokemon GO is a challenge, but players can still get alternative versions of Mewtwo, such as Armored Mewtwo or Shadow Mewtwo.
- First, you must buy or create a Team Rocket Radar. It costs 200 PokeCoins in the shop. And to get the materials to craft this item, you'll have to defeat six Team GO Rocket Grunts, which is pretty easy to do.
- After that, you will be able to use the Team Rocket Radar to locate and defeat one of the three Team GO Rocket Leaders. And since you need to defeat all three, you will need to repeat the first step two more times.
- Defeating three Team GO Rocket Leaders will reward you with a Super Rocket Radar which will lead you to Giovanni, who will use an alternate version of Mewtwo against you. And when you defeat him, you can get the coveted legendary Pokémon.
That's all you need to know about how to get Mewtwo in Pokemon GO. This legendary Pokemon is very rare. But if you are patient enough, you can add it to your collection. And while you are still here, make sure to check our list of the best flying-type Pokemon as well as the best dark-type Pokemon in Pokemon Go.