How many people play Roblox - Monthly and daily charts in 2022
Roblox is a platform that has won millions of hearts around the globe. Almost every person who is 12 years old or older has played some of its games at least once, alone or with company. However, what attracted them to this game? The answer is very simple: the opportunity to show creativity lured millions of people to Roblox, where you can build anything you want and become anyone you wish. It is a bit like Minecraft. It is noteworthy that Roblox is frequently compared to Minecraft, but it is so much more. Its rising user base is due to its unique offering. Therefore, in this article, we will tell you how many people play Roblox both daily and monthly in 2022. Let’s start!
WHAT IS ROBLOX?Roblox is an online gaming platform and game creation system that allows users to create, share and play games created by other users. It was created by two developers, David Baszucki and Erik Cassel, back in 2004. The game was officially launched internationally in 2006. The platform allowed players to create various games written in the Lua programming language.
The game did not receive that much attention once it was released. But as soon as the COVID-19 pandemic arrived, things changed dramatically. Popular bloggers and multiple YouTubers did their thing, and the game received a large fanbase.
But have you ever wondered how many people actually play the game? How many people play per month and day? The answer to this question is in this article.
KEY ROBLOX STATISTICS 2022
- Roblox has about 52.24 million active users every day.
- The biggest number of concurrent users on Roblox was 5.7 million.
- Roblox has 203 million active monthly users.
- Over 8 million small and large-scale game creators use Roblox to promote new games. As a result, Roblox has hosted over 40 million distinct games since at least 2008.
- Roblox is more popular on mobile, accounting for 72% of all Roblox gaming sessions. And just 25% of all Roblox sessions are conducted on desktop computers. Only 3% of users play the game on console.
- Preteens aged 9 to 12 are more than 29% of Roblox users. Over a quarter of the users are youths under the age of nine. In terms of gender distribution, 51% of players are male, 44% are female, and 5% have declared their gender as "Unknown."
- Roblox offers approximately 40 million games on the site. The most famous of them is "Adopt Me!", which has more than 25 billion visits. Just in case you want to try this game, here is our article on Adopt Me codes to get free rewards.
Now let's take a closer look at how many players play Roblox every day.
ROBLOX DAILY ACTIVE USERS 2022
According to this graph by Statista, the number of active users keeps growing and growing every year. Roblox's initial period of success occurred between 2020 and 2021 when it attracted 21 million daily users in only a year. This is when the pandemic started, which contributed to the increased interest. Let's Players also helped raise the popularity of the game and brought it to the masses.
According to Roblox data, it has over 54.1 million daily active users as of 2022 Q1.
33% of them are in the United States and Canada. To give you a ballpark figure, those countries account for around 18.2 million users. However, this figure is not growing at a quick pace. Since the second quarter of 2020, it has climbed by roughly 11.14%. Europe has even more daily active users, accounting for up to 29% of total Roblox users.
That is comparable to the combined user base of the United States and Canada. That equates to around 15.8 million daily active users. Asia ranks third, with Asia-Pacific accounting for 15% of all daily active users. This equates to more than 10.4 million Asian users. The remainder of the globe accounts for around 23% of total daily active users. That equates to about 9.7 million users from different parts of the world.
ROBLOX MONTHLY ACTIVE USERS 2022
Roblox had little more than 9 million monthly daily active users in February 2016. However, by December 2016, that figure had risen to more than 30 million. From there, the graph has been relatively smooth, with a nice upward trend. The number of daily active users has risen to 119 million by January 2020. And this was mostly because of the ongoing pandemic.
People began to immerse themselves in online gaming as the pandemic started. And, by the end of November 2020, the number of daily active users had increased dramatically. It increased from 119 million at the start of 2020 to almost 199 million at the end. When comparing 2021 and 2022, the user difference is not as large because the game has reached its peak of popularity. As a result, these large numbers are not significantly different from one another.