Pokemon Go to hold multiple events in May along with the debut of Xerneas and Yveltal
Pokemon Go has decided to host several events throughout May, along with the debut of the Legendary Pokémon Xerneas and Yveltal. During this eventful month, players will get a chance to participate in multiple raids, collect new rewards and tackle the May Community Day.
During the month, Giovanni, the leader of Team Rocket, has managed to capture Shadow Moltres and players are tasked with rescuing the legendary Pokemon. To do that, complete the Team GO Rocket Special Research to claim the Super Rocket Radar to battle the boss.
As we all know, there will be multiple raids that include Mega Raids and 5-star Raids, featuring exclusive Pokemon throughout May. In addition, free weekly bundles will be distributed every Monday. Take a look at the details of the raids listed below:5-Star Raids
- Incarnate Forme Tornadus, Incarnate Forme Thundurus, and Incarnate Forme Landorus - May 4th, 2021, at 10:00 am local time.
- Xerneas, the Life Pokémon’s debut - May 4th, 2021, at 10:00 am to Tuesday, May 18th, 2021, at 10:00 am local time
- Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon’s debut - May 18th, 2021, at 10:00 am to Tuesday, June 1st, 2021, at 10:00 am local time
- Mega Venusaur, Mega Lopunny, and Mega Abomas will appear till Tuesday, May 4th, 2021, at 10:00 am local time.
- Mega Venusaur, Mega Charizard Y, and Mega Lopunny - May 4th, 2021, from 10:00 am to Saturday, May 15, 2021, at 5:00 pm local time.
- Mega Ampharos, Mega Houndoom, and an unnamed Mega-Evolved Pokémon - Saturday, May 15, 2021, at 5:00 pm to Tuesday, June 1, 2021, 10:00 am.
Get a chance to gain extra XP points by participating in the weekly 5-Star Raids every Wednesday from 6.00 pm to 7.00 pm local time.
May Research Breakthrough Encounters Players will get a chance to encounter Galarian Ponyta from From Saturday, May 1, 2021, at 1:00 pm to Tuesday, June 1, 2021, at 1:00 pm. Pokemon Spotlight Hours Every Tuesday from 6.00 pm to 7.00 pm, players can get a chance to catch a variety of Pokémon along with a special bonus. Below are the Pokémon that’ll be featured during the hours -
- Cottonee - May 4th
- Dratini - May 11th
- Alolan Rattata - May 18th
- Marill - May 25th
The game will also add some new events such as Luminous Legends X and Y, New Snap Celebration, along with additional weekend events. The full details of these events will be released officially in the coming days.Looking to find some new friends in Pokemon GO to take on Raids with? Visit our list of Pokemon GO Friend Codes