Pokemon Go's March calendar: New Alola Season, raids, spotlight hours, and events
March marks the beginning of a new season on Pokémon Go. The Season of Heritage has officially ended and the Season of Alola now takes over, featuring Pokémon Sun and Moon’s Alola region. Between March and June 1st, players can will encounter numerous Pokémon from this region, take part in a series of events and have an absolutely rollicking time!
March’s Research Breakthrough encounter will feature Alolan Vulpix. Every Monday, players can also purchase a bundle containing a Remote Raid Pass and other items for 1 PokéCoin at the shop. Lucky trainers might come across a Shiny Vulpix as well.
March RaidsThe first half of March will feature the guardian Pokémon of Alola – Tapu Koko in five-star raids. The second half of the month will see Therian Forme Tornadus and a mystery Pokémon. Meanwhile, Mega Raids will feature Mega Venasaur until March 15th, Mega Lopunny (March 15th-22nd), and Mega Charizard Y (March 22nd-April 5th).
Spotlight HoursSpotlight Hours are held every Tuesday from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm local time. This month’s spotlight Pokémon and bonuses are:
- March 1st – Cubone and 2x Transfer Candy
- March 8th – Exeggcute and 2x Evolution XP
- March 15th – Growlithe with 2x Catch Stardust
- March 22nd – Sudowoodo with 2x Catch XP
- March 29th – Paras with 2x Catch Candy
March Community DayThis month’s Community Day Pokémon are Sandshrew and Alolan Sandshrew. Check out more about the event in our dedicated article.
- Welcome to Alola – Until March 9th, players prepare to meet all the new Pokémon from the Alolan region.
- Festival of Colours – Between March 15th and 20th, Pokémon Go gets ready to celebrate Holi, the Festival of Colours with festive hues all around.
- Lush Jungle – A special Alola-inspired adventure taking place between March 22nd and 29th.