Garena’s long-awaited Free Fire tournament, the Free Fire World Series 2021 gets underway today with the Play-Ins and concludes with the finals on May 30th. As we've mentioned previously, the series holds a whopping prize pool of $2,000,000 USD, which is Free Fire’s largest ever reward.
The top 18 teams from 11 regions will face each other in the tournament at Sands Expo and Convention Centre at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore, the chosen venues for the 2021 tourney. With the support from the local authorities and Singapore Tourism Board (STB), the entire tournament will be carried out in a safe and sanitized environment.
The Play-Ins stage of the FFWS 2021 SG will feature 9 teams who bagged first or second place in the regional-level tournament. The teams are:
- LOUD (Brazil)
- Singularity.Invincible (CIS)
- vaiXourar (Europe)
- First Raiders (Indonesia)
- Gods Plan (Latin America)
- DEA (MENA)
- NEWGANK (Singapore)
- Attack All Around (Thailand)
- HQ Esports (Vietnam)
And for the finals, the top 3 teams from the play-in stage will meet the other 9 teams who directly advanced into the finals after winning the regional tournament. Those teams include:
- Fluxo (Brazil)
- Silence (CIS)
- Evos Divine (Indonesia)
- Team Aze (Latin America)
- VIP E-sport (MENA)
- Geek Fam (MCP)
- LGDS (Taiwan)
- Phoenix Force (Thailand)
- Burst the Sky (Vietnam)
Each team has to tackle 6 rounds, across all 3 maps, which include Bermuda, Purgatory, and Kalahari. The last standing team with max points and number of kills will be declared the winner. This procedure will be the same for both play-ins and the finals.
Garena has also arranged the live streaming setup and fans of Free Fire can watch the Play-Ins from 9 PM (SGT) on May 28th and the Finals from 9 PM (SGT) on May 30th. The exclusive content will be broadcasted on YouTube, Facebook, and BOOYAH!. The commentary is in 12 languages including Arabic, Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Melayu, Bengali, English, Hindi, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, and Vietnamese.
Along with this announcement, Garena is also adding some new content in-game, based on the tournament’s theme. There will also be new events that allow you to claim free rewards. The events are as follows:
- Pick’n Win Event: Players get to choose a champion of the FFWS 2021 SG. During the event, if your chosen champion performs well, you get bonus rewards.
- Andrew Awakening Missions: Andrew–The Fierce can be unlocked by completing certain missions.
- Andrew Challenge: Play using Andrew as your character to grab more rewards
- Token Store: Token can be exchanged for rewards, including the FFWS themed Skyboard.
- Log-In Rewards: Regularly login between May 27th till June 7th for daily bonuses.
Want more? Check out our 76 other Garena Free Fire news stories!