Wild Rift patch notes 2.0: new skins, champions, events & more
In the latest Wild Rift patch (released on 5th of January 2021), we are introduced to a bunch of new features including the long-awaited champion Teemo, as well as 4 other fellow Yordles.
But that's not everything the patch notes introduce us to. There are a ton of new features and quality-of-life improvements that will kick off into the Wild Rift in the (very) near future. There will be a bunch of new skins, a party finder option, champion mastery emotes (similar to the PC version), and much more. So let's go over each one of them in great detail below!For more Wild Rift articles, make sure you check out our League of Legends: Wild Rift hub, where we share champion guides, updates, strategies, and much more!
New champions, soon making an appearance in Wild RiftTeemo
The Swift Scout
- Mage / Marksman / Assassin
- Deals damage over time
- He is usually played: in the Top/Baron Lane
The Fae Sorceress
- Enchanter / Support / Mage
- Buffs allies, has a lot of crowd control in her kit, can displace opponents
- She is usually played: in the Bot/Dragon Lane, as Support
The Daring Bombardier
- Has mobility, can throw bombs, inflicts mixed damage
- He is usually played: in the Mid Lane
The Heart of the Tempest
- Mage / Marksman / Specialist (he might be a little bit weird for someone who's never played him before in LoL)
- Has mobility, has crowd control,
- He is usually played: in the Top/Baron Lane
The Yordle Gunner
- Has mobility, has self-buffs (Attack Speed), throws bombs
- She is usually played: in the Bot/Dragon Lane
New Features available now in Wild RiftParty finder
This option can be accessed in two ways:
- On the bottom left corner of the screen (in the main interface, before a game), it will allow players to get into premade games much easier by seeing the already existing teams currently seeking members.
- In the top right corner of the screen (in the pre-game Lobby), where you can create a public party and recruit other players to join you.
This feature was available before in the main interface of the game, but it is now gone! According to Riot:
"No more latency indicator on the homepage! Turns out, it wasn’t accurate in showing the latency a player would actually experience in their games. So we’ve replaced it with a network indicator to show what kind of network you’re on (WiFi, 4G, etc.), plus a new in-game indicator of your actual ping during gameplay."
I personally have mixed feelings about this, because I have been playing with over 1000 Ping so far, which really translated into the game (I would actually lag quite a lot). What do you think about them removing this feature though?Social sharing
"Players can now save the end-of-game scoreboard, end-of-game personal performance, career most played champ, season rank, win streak, new champ acquired, new skin acquired, and leaderboard screens to their device camera roll or share straight to Facebook. Perfect for flexing after a 15/0 Zed game."
This option basically lets you take "in-game screenshots" of their most valued achievements and share them through in-game social sharing.Map description
They added a much-needed feature that actually shows every camp on the map and each objective! This is super useful for newer players, who want to get more familiar with jungling and much more.Tutorial optimization
"Performance-improving tutorials can now be prompted based on a player’s gameplay. We also made some visual updates to the tutorial and first champion unlock screen."
It's always nice to have improved tutorials!Champion mastery emotes
Similar to LoL, in Wild Rift players can now share their champion emotes! Once players reach mastery 5 with a champion, a new emote will be added to their emotes list, which they can then show off to the opponents!
New Skins coming to Wild RiftSad Robot Amumu
Star Guardian Janna
Star Guardian Jinx
Arctic Ops Kennen
Star Guardian Lulu
Dragon Trainer Lulu
Star Guardian Lux
Little Devil Teemo
Little Demon Tristana
Star Guardian Ezreal
Free-to-play Champion rotations:From 7th of January until 13th of January, players can play the following champions for free in their non-ranked games:
From 14th of January until 20th of January, players can play the following champions for free in their non-ranked games:
- Dr. Mundo
- Jarvan IV
- Miss Fortune
- Xin Zhao
Updates to the game system:
- Ping replies
- Dragon/Baron respawn timers
- Scoreboard logic (now info about the enemy players will only be visible in the scoreboard after you have an actual vision of the player)
- New Emotes wheel (tap and hold onto your champion to proc it, then drag towards the emote you want to use)
- System message UI
- Detailed stats (during games, in the scoreboard)
- Tower prioritization (towers will aggro super minions instead of smaller minions whenever they are in range)
Ranked Season 0 ends, Season 1 will soon start
"The first official ranked season of Wild Rift starts 8 January 2021!"
What does that mean? As a veteran player to LoL, I'll explain everything you need to know!
- Season 0 will end on January 7th, at midnight (I am guessing)
- Season 1 will commence on January 8th, after 3-4 hours of server maintenance
- Player emblem for players who reached rank Gold or above
- Glorious Tryndamere Skin for players who reached rank Gold or above (this is the only time you can obtain it, just like with the Victorious skins in LoL)
- Yordle Expedition Event
- Continuous smaller improvements to the matchmaking system
- Leaderboard will update every 10-15 minutes (instead of 24 hours)
- Chat and interaction UX improvements