How to change Roblox background and theme
Roblox is known for its endless customization features but, is it possible to change the background of the home screen? Yes, you can change the Roblox background theme or even add an image with the help of extensions.
In this article, we will guide you through the process of changing the theme by using the system settings and third-party extensions. However, we don’t encourage the usage of untrusted apps to change themes.
First off, let’s start with the default theme changing options available in Roblox. There are two modes to choose from, Light and Dark. Take a look at the steps on how you can change it right from the app.
- Launch Roblox and sign in to your account
- Tap on the three dots located on the bottom-right of the screen
- Scroll down and tap on Settings
- After getting into the Settings, click on the Account Info tab
- Scroll down and tap on the drop-down menu under Theme
- Now you can toggle between Light and Dark mode
Previously, the steps above were the only way you could change themes in your Roblox account. But now, we also have another way to customize the background with various images of your choice. Roblox supports third-party extensions and we will utilise this feature to enhance our gameplay experience. However, do note that this method only works for Android.
Changing your Roblox background on mobileIn this method, we will install a browser extension that will let you install the theme to your Roblox account. But, the native mobile browser doesn’t let you install extensions from the Chrome Web Store. The steps below will tell exactly how you can add an extension in a different mobile browser, make sure to follow the steps properly to avoid any error.
- Install Yandex Browser from Google Play. Being a mobile browser, it has the capability to install extensions as it is based on Chromium
- After installing it, head to the Chrome Web Store and search for Stylus.
- Add it to your browser and head to the Roblox homepage
- Make sure to log in to your account through the browser
- After logging in, head to the Extensions tab
- Now, you can see the Stylus extension appearing on the Roblox page
- Click on that and select Find Styles
- Wait for a while as it loads all the different styling files, then choose the one you like
- Simply tap on the image and the extension will apply it to the background
Changing your Roblox background on PCAdditionally, you can also change your Roblox background by using Firefox and Chrome. Follow the steps carefully and modify your background.
- Locate the addons tab from the Mozilla homepage.
- Search for Stylish and tap on Add to Firefox
- After successfully adding it to Firefox, head to the Roblox site and log in with your account.
- Locate the extensions option on the Settings page and click on Stylish.
- Now you can add any image as your Roblox homepage's background.
- Open the Chrome Web Store and the Stylish extension.
- After adding it to Chrome, follow the same steps as above and add your favourite image as the background.