Pokemon Go's January 2023 calendar includes new Raids, Spotlight Hours, and other events
A new year means loads of new events, celebrations, and activities for all Pokémon Go trainers. As we proceed through the year, there will be new seasons, community days, and so much more. Currently, players are enjoying the New Year’s Event in Season 9: Mythical Wishes. Now that January is here, let’s also take a look at what this month holds for everyone.
January RaidsFive-star raids will feature a bunch of powerful Legendary Pokémon. The first two weeks will be dominated by Reshiram and Zekrom, followed by Regice and finally Season of Alola’s Tapu Koko in the final week of the month.
At the same time, Mega Steelix, Mega Lopunny, and Mega Aerodactyl will also be featured in Mega Raids. A mystery one will be available between January 10th and 18th, which we will find out about in a few days.
Spotlight HoursSpotlight Hours are held every Tuesday from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm local time. This month’s spotlight Pokémon and bonuses are:
- January 3rd – Alolan Sandshrew with 2xp Evolve XP
- January 10th – Swirlix with 2x Catch Stardust
- January 17th – Seedot with 2x Catch XP
- January 24th – Tynamo with 2x Catch Candy
- January 31st – Blitzle with 2x Transfer Cady
Research BreakthroughResearch Breakthrough Field Researches can be done throughout the month and completing them will reward players with various rewards and encounters with Pokémon like Galarian Mr. Mime, Delibird, Bagon, Deino, Furfrou, and Goomy.
- Twinkling Fantasy Event – January 10th to 16th
- Go Battle Weekend featuring Steven Stone – January 14th and 15th
- Lunar New Year 2023 Event – January 19th to 23rd
- January Community Day Classic – January 21st
- Crackling Voltage Event – January 27th to February 5th
Start off your new year as a trainer by downloading Pokémon Go now for free.Also, check out this list of redeemable Pokémon Go codes!