Global VR Challenge deadline extended
The more the merrier
(This article was originally published on our sister site PocketGamer.biz)
The Global VR Challenge is fast approaching, and the entries are piling in. However, this may be a little too soon for those developers that are not quite ready to enter.
So, if you're one of those developers, then we've got some good news! That's because, in order to allow more developers to enter the Global VR Challenge, Steel Media have extended the deadline for entries.
As such, developers now have until midnight on Monday 20th June to submit their VR concepts / games.
Still unsure whether you qualify? Well, it's actually quite simple:
- This competition is open to all independent developers.
- Submitted games must be either a new concept or original idea that is currently unreleased, or a VR title released in the last 6 months which hasn’t been published in the Chinese market.
- Entries must be suitable for either mobile or PC-based VR.
- Those shortlisted for the final stage in China will be required to submit their game for judging on relevant DeePoon hardware (hardware and support will be provided by DeePoon).
- Entries will need to have at least one member of their team with a valid passport and able to travel to China on July 25th – 30th.
A complete set of rules can be found at the following link.
In order to enter, developers must submit a description of their game / concept, along with any assets available, via the Global VR Gaming Challenge website.
Of course, to make sure that nobody is at a disadvantage, anyone who has already submitted, will be able to update their entry by resubmitting at any point up until this new deadline.
That's not all though, as with this new deadline we can also announce that this will then be followed by the first stage of judging on Friday 24th June.
All in all, with some of the hottest VR concepts already submitted, alongside $35,000 in cash alongside a trip to China and VR hardware on offer, the Global VR Challenge is certainly looking set to be one of the most exciting events in this year's VR calendar.