Calling all mobile, wearable, or VR game devs: enter the Very Big Indie Pitch at PGC Helsinki 2015
Get free conference passes, your game noticed, and a chance to win big
[This article was originally published on our sister site PocketGamer.biz]
Any indie developer currently working on a new mobile, smartwatch, VR, or handheld game is hereby encouraged to attend our next Very Big Indie Pitch, which is taking place during Pocket Gamer Connects Helsinki on 7th September.
The clue's in the name, really.
The Very Big Indie Pitch is the bigger brother of our regular BIP event, which sees indie developers engage in a speed-dating-styled pitching competition for fame (oh, and a promotional prize worth $thousands).
It's a fun but hotly contested event that has proved a genuine game-changer for teams in the past. You can get a pretty decent lowdown here.
Interested but not sure if you qualify or got some questions? Hopefully this will help:
- You can pitch games for mobile, smartwatch, VR, and handheld
- You can pitch your game even if you've pitched it at a previous BIP
- We prefer to see unreleased games, though we're happy to see games that are out too
- One submission only per developer/team
- Each successful applicant gets two free PGC Helsinki developer tickets (worth $700) and additional tickets for other team members are discounted
- Even if your application is not successful you'll still get a discount!
- Deadline for entries is midnight 14th August 2015 (but the sooner, the better - entry details below)
That's it. If you're good to go then submit your details and game here - places fill up fast, so don't delay. (Should you need to, you can register with the PG.biz Business Network in order to enter.)
All submissions will be notified if they are successful in their application to pitch at the event.
We'll leave you with some top tips on how to prepare for the Big Indie Pitch and look forward to seeing you in Helsinki.