Genshin Impact Hu Tao Guide - best build, strengths and weaknesses
All you need to know about Hu Tao
Welcome to Pocket Gamer's detailed Genshin Impact Hu Tao guide! Hu Tao is a director in a funeral parlour, but is surprisingly cheerful, considering. She’s always down for pranking people and quickly becomes bored, so she is always on the move.
Despite all of this, she takes her job seriously and always honours a client’s request. Hu Tao understands that death is a part of life and never strays from the opportunity to remind others of this. In the Hu Tao guide below you will find the following features:
- General Info & how to get Hu Tao
- Strengths & Weaknesses
- Best Build (Artifacts & Weapons)
- Best Party Members for Hu Tao
- Talents / Skills / Passive
- Talent Leveling Materials
- Ascensions costs
- Hu Tao Wishes / Availability
Hu Tao Element / Tier / Rarity / Weapon
Pyro / SS Tier / 5* Rarity / PolearmIn Genshin Impact, Hu Tao is a Pyro polearm user who excels at pumping out serious DPS at the cost of HP. Thankfully, her Elemental Burst can also burn up enemies while healing her, and does even more healing when her health is lower than 50%.
How to get Hu Tao?Hu Tao is not currently featured in the Standard Banner.
Genshin Impact Hu Tao Combat Info (Strengths and Weaknesses)
- Hu Tao has a really high base HP and Defense
- Her CRIT DMG is excellent
- Hu Tao can boost other teammate’s CRIT rates, too
- Draining your own HP to fight can put you in an awkward position
- Hu Tao is not great at fighting groups of enemies
- Here are some Genshin Impact codes as a thank you for reading this!
Hu Tao Best Build in Genshin ImpactSince Hu Tao will keep dropping HP while fighting, it’s best to pair her with the Staff of Homa weapon, which can increase your HP by 20% and boost your damage when your HP is low. The Crimson Witch of Flames artifact set will maximize her Pyro damage, delivering insane amounts of DPS.
Hu Tao guide - Best Artifacts and Weapons
Crimson Witch of FlamesHP% / Pyro DMG / CRIT Rate Set Bonuses:
- (2) Gain a 15% Pyro DMG Bonus
- (4) Increases Overloaded and Burning DMG by 40%. Increases Vaporize and Melt DMG by 15%. Using an Elemental Skill increases 2-Piece Set effects by 50% for 10s. Max 3 stacks
Staff of Homa
- Base Attack: 46
- Rating: 5*
- Bonus Effect: CRIT DMG 14.4%
Best Party Members to match Hu Tao with in Genshin Impact
Premium (Gacha) TeamIn Genshin Impact, Hu Tao is a great DPS, but she will be sapping her own health while doing so. Combine her with Xingqiu to apply Vaporize to opponents and boost elemental damage. Zhongli is a great addition to supply a shield that will protect Hu Tao and debuff enemies at the same time. Meanwhile, Bennett can provide resonance and heal the party.
F2P TeamHu Tao will still be DPS, but using Amber to boost resonance and up Hu Tao’s ATK is the main focus here. Noelle is great to not only give the team shielding (especially Hu Tao) but also to provide healing in critical moments. Kaeya is great for working with the Pyro in the team to create Melt, increasing damage output.
Talents / Skills / Passive
Secret Spear of Wangsheng - Normal AttackNormal Attack: Perform up to 5 consecutive spear strikes. Charged Attack: Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to lunge forward, dealing damage to opponents along the way. Plunging Attack: Fires off a shower of arrows in mid-air before falling and striking the ground, dealing AoE DMG upon impact. Skill Attributes:
- 1-Hit DMG 52.5%
- 2-Hit DMG 51.6%
- 3-Hit DMG 31.9% x 2
- 4-Hit DMG 69.7%
- 5-Hit DMG 41.6% + 43%
- Charged Attack DMG - 136.8%
- Charged Attack Stamina Cost - 25.0%
- Plunge DMG - 64%
- Low/High Plunge DMG - 127.9%/159.7%
Guide To Afterlife - Elemental SkillHu Tao consumes a set portion of her HP to know surrounding enemies back and enter the Paramita Papilio state.
- Increases Hu Tao's ATK based on her Max HP at the time of entering this state. ATK Bonus gained this way cannot exceed 400% of Hu Tao's Base ATK
- Converts attack DMG to Pyro DMG, which cannot be overridden by any other elemental infusion
- Charged Attack applies Blood Blossom effect to the enemies hit
- Increases Hu Tao's resistance to interruption
Enemies affected by Blood Blossom will take Pyro DMG every 4s. This DMG is considered an elemental skill DMG. Each enemy can be affected by only one Blood Blossom effect at a time, and its duration may only be refreshed by Hu Tao herself. Paramita Papilio ends when its duration is over, or Hu Tao left the battlefield or fallen.
- Activated Cost - 30% of Current HP
- Attack Increase - 3.84% Max HP
- Blood Blossom DMG - 64%
- Blood Blossom Duration - 8s
- Duration - 9s
- CD 16s
Spirit Soother - Elemental BurstHu Tao commands a blazing spirit to deal Pyro DMG in a large AoE. Upon striking the enemy, regenerates a percentage of Hu Tao's Max HP. This effect can be triggered up to 5 times based on the number of enemies hit.
If Hu Tao's HP is below or equal to 50% when the enemy is hit, both the DMG and HP Regeneration are increased.Skill Attributes
- Skill DMG - 303%
- Low HP Skill DMG - 379%
- Skill HP Regeneration - 6.26% Max HP
- Low HP Skill Regeneration - 8.35% Max HP
- CD - 15s
- Energy Cost - 60
Flutter By - 1st Ascension PassiveWhen a Paramita Papilio state activated by Guide to Afterlife ends, all allies in the party (excluding Hu Tao herself) will have their CRIT Rate increased by 12% for 8s.
Sanguine Rouge - 4th Ascension PassiveWhen Hu Tao's HP is equal to or less than 50%, her Pyro DMG bonus is increased by 33%.
The More The Merrier - Unlocked AutomaticallyWhen Hu Tao cooks a dish perfectly, she has an 18% chance to receive an additional "Suspicious" dish of the same type.
Talent Leveling Materials
Gained from Enemy Drops (Whopperflowers):
- Whopperflower Nectar
- Shimmering Nectar
- Energy Nectar
Acquired from Domains (Tuesday/Friday/Sunday):
- Teachings of Diligence
- Guide to Diligence
- Philosophies of Diligence
Obtained after defeating Bosses (Childe Challenge):Shard of a Foul Legacy
Crimson BouquetWhile in a Paramita Papilio state activated by Guide to Afterlife, Hu Tao's Charge Attacks do not consume Stamina.
- Increases the Blood Blossom DMG by an amount equal to 10% of Hu Tao's Max HP at the time the effect is applied
- Additionally, Spirit Soother will also apply the Blood Blossom effect
- Increases the Level of Guide to Afterlife by 3
- The maximum upgrade level is 15
Garden of Eternal RestUpon defeating an enemy affected by a Blood Blossom that Hu Tao applied herself, all nearby allies in the party (excluding Hu Tao herself) will have their CRIT Rate increased by 12% for 15s.
Floral IncenseIncreases the Level of Spirit Soother by 3. The maximum upgrade level is 15.
Butterfly's EmbraceTriggers when Hu Tao's HP drops below 25%, or when she suffers a lethal strike: Hu Tao will not fall as a result of the DMG sustained. Additionally, for the next 10s, all of her Elemental and Physical RES is increased by 200%, her CRIT Rate is increased by 100%, and her resistance to the interruption is greatly increased. This effect triggers automatically when Hu Tao has 1 HP left. Can only occur once every 60s.
Genshin Impact Hu Tao Ascensions costsPhase 1
- Mora Cost: 20,000
- Silk Flower ×3
- Agnidus Agate Sliver ×1
- Whooperflower Nectar ×3
- Silk Flower ×10
- Agnidus Agate Fragment ×3
- Whooperflower Nectar ×15
- Juvenile Jade ×2
- Mora Cost: 60,000
- Silk Flower ×20
- Agnidus Agate Fragment ×6
- Shimmering Nectar ×12
- Juvenile Jade ×4
- Mora Cost: 80,000
- Silk Flower ×20
- Agnidus Agate Chunk ×3
- Shimmering Nectar ×18
- Juvenile Jade ×8
- Mora Cost: 100,000
- Silk Flower ×45
- Agnidus Agate Chunk ×6
- Energy Nectar ×12
- Juvenile Jade ×12
- Mora Cost: 120,000
- Silk Flower ×60
- Agnidus Agate Gemstone ×6
- Energy Nectar ×24
- Juvenile Jade ×20
Base StatsAt Level 1, Hu Tao starts with 1,211 HP, 8 ATK, and 68 DEF.
Wishes / AvailabilityHu Tao was featured in the Event Wish “Moment of Bloom” from March 2nd, 2021 to March 16th, 2021. She is not currently available in the Standard Banner.
You know, we also have a Genshin Impact tier list if you want to check how well Hu Tao performs in comparison to other characters! Also, stay aware, soon enough we plan to make a Genshin Impact characters hub with all of the available characters and their detailed guides!