Eevee has become the secondary mascot right behind Pikachu for the Pokémon franchise as a whole, and it's easy to see why. With a cute face, cute voice, and a whole host of powerful - and also cute - evolutions to shift into when you decide to get serious.
Whether it's in Pokémon GO or the mainline Pokémon games, we all want to know how to get new eeveelutions. And that's exactly why this guide is here. We'll walk you through everything you need to know in order to evolve or catch every single eeveelution in Pokémon Sword and Shield.
First, we'll list off how you can evolve one of the many Eevee you can find in the wild area.
Evolving your Eevee
Eevee's methods for evolving haven't changed much over the course of the generations, but if you haven't been keeping up then there's a lot to brush up on.
Several of Eevee's potential eeveelutions are accessed by evolution stones, which is simple enough, but the others require you to go down some slightly esoteric paths.
Friendship and Affection are both achieved in similar ways. Essentially you should use your Pokémon in battle often, use non-bitter items on them, give them berries, play with them in your camp, and choose them often for any activities. The time of day and the moves they know can impact how your Eevee evolves.
Here are the details…
- Vaporeon can be obtained using a Water Stone.
- Jolteon can be obtained using a Thunder Stone.
- Flareon can be obtained using a Fire Stone.
- Espeon can be obtained by levelling up your Eevee during the daytime with a high Friendship level.
- Umbreon can be obtained by levelling up your Eevee during the night with a high Friendship level.
- Glaceon can be obtained using an Ice Stone.
- Leafeon can be obtained using a Leaf Stone.
- Sylveon can be obtained by levelling up your Eevee with a high Affection level and it has a Fairy-type move.
In Pokémon Sword and Shield you can also simply catch eeveelutions in the Wild Area - though much like evolving an Eevee, it requires special conditions. Eeveelutions usually gather near the Lake of Outrage in the tall grass - though it also possible to find them in raids.
The weather conditions must be on your side in order to catch your desired eeveelution, and here's what you'll need for each.
- Vaporeon can be caught during rain.
- Jolteon can be caught during thunder.
- Flareon can be caught during harsh sunlight.
- Espeon can be caught during cloudy conditions.
- Umbreon can be caught during sandstorms.
- Glaceon can be caught during snowy conditions.
- Leafeon can be caught during clear conditions.
- Sylveon can be caught during foggy conditions.
Using the information above you'll be able to collect every eeveelution in the game. Let us know which is your favourite in the comments below!