Mario Kart Tour is off to a smashing start, hitting over 20 million downloads in its first 24 hours. That said, while the core gameplay is enjoyable, its monetisation and technical issues have mostly dominated the discourse surrounding Nintendo’s latest mobile offering. Tour’s latest patch, version 1.0.2, aims to fix several known issues, many of which caused the game to become unplayable.
- Information in detailed notifications in News may not be displayed correctly on certain devices running Android 4.4.
- If the date changes while the player is viewing the screen showing the badge they received for completing a challenge, an error will be displayed and the game will become unplayable.
- On certain devices, the game may become unplayable when the race-results screen is displayed after the player has changed their control method to Drift.
- The game may become unplayable if a nickname is not entered when linking a Nintendo Account.
- The game may become unplayable when players transition to the main screen after the game starts up.
- Certain players may encounter error code 805-9314 after linking a Nintendo Account and become unable to play the game.
- The conditions for obtaining Grand Stars shown on the results screen of certain Bonus Challenges are incorrectly listed if the game’s language is set to Simplified Chinese.
And here are some other improvements/tweaks we’ll soon see:
- Added a Shop button to the main screen.
- Revamped the Shop screen.
- Changed the colour of the Pipe button.
While we still don’t have a solid ETA for version 1.0.2, I reckon it can’t be too far off. In the meantime, you could check over our ultimate guide for Mario Kart Tour or add your friend code to our ever-expanding list.Check out our news section to discover the latest, and greatest, games.