Steel Media is expanding, and looking for a part time Deputy Editor to help run 148Apps, an industry-leading mobile games and app-focused website.
148Apps launched shortly after the iTunes App Store launched in July of 2008. From the start its purpose has been to provide the reader with insight into the very best in iOS applications through reviews and latest news.
Our goal is to sort through the best of the best and provide you with the information you need to choose - so you don’t have to spend your days in front of an iPhone just to find the perfect app for you.
In addition to the reviews and news, we keep track of what’s selling, what’s new and what prices are dropping in the iTunes App Store. We also have growing communities on Twitter, Facebook.
Recently, 148Apps has shifted focus towards guide content, and now aims to help its readers achieve the most out of the games and apps they choose to play.
Please read below for a full job description and how to apply:
As a Deputy Editor, you'll be responsible for managing the day-to-day of the site, which involves:
- Generating content for your target audience. This will be mostly guides and tip content for the most popular mobile games (Clash Royale, Hearthstone, Clash of Clans).
- Liaising with the Community Manager to engage with your audience.
- Managing a team of freelancers.
- Subbing copy to the highest standard.
- Using project management tools like Trello and Excel to keep track of various aspects of the role.
As an applicant, you will have:
- Experience either as a Deputy Editor of a relevant website or magazine (tech / mobile / games) or have held a senior editorial position for a minimum of 1 year.
- High level of experience working with or using mobile games.
- Experience of using project management tools like Trello.
- A solid eye for detail when subbing and ability to liven up copy.
To apply, please email Glen Fox ([email protected]) with the subject as your name and 'Deputy Editor' with a CV, cover letter, and examples of any previous and relevant work.
You must be:
- A native English speaker.
- Based in the UK / EU preferably, though East Coast US will be considered.
- Able to commit at least 20 hours per week to the role.
- Equipped with all of the necessary experience as stated above.
- Able to access decent internet, a laptop / desktop PC, an iOS device, and a mic / headset.
Applications close at 5PM BST on Monday, April 25th.