Regarding the console versions - which includes our previous PS Vita and 3DS - he said: "we dont have a set release date for consoles, but tyrone demoed afterbirth at pax on a ps4.. so it cant be too far off!"
Afterbirth is said to be a "mega DLC" that adds over 100 hours of play time to Rebirth.
It adds a new risk/reward game mode called Greed Mode that has a new final boss and endings. It also brings Daily Runs so you can compete for highscores and best times on daily seeded runs.
As to the main game, it will be expanded with a whole new final area that has another new ending and final boss. Plus, it'll have all of this:
- 10 totally new and awesome challenges
- 1000+ new rooms, as well as new tiny rooms, closets and giant arching hallways
- a totally new playable character, Lilith, mother of demons
- 120 new items! not counting tons of new pickups, chests, pills, bombs, cards etc. taking the item count up beyond 525
- 4 new alternate chapters with new chapter specific enemy types, visual themes, and surprises
- a new seed code combo page, as well as a butt ton of new seed codes that mod the game
- a greatly expanded soundtrack
- new room types like, trap rooms, double treasure rooms, and ultra rare closets
- a greatly expanded and updated hud system
- tons of new secret transformations
- 8 new bosses
- 25+ new enemies
- updated item combo system
- far too many new achievements
- 20 million new co-op babies
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth will be sold for $9.99. Pre-orders for the Steam version should open up next week and offer a discount on that full price.
Want more? Check out our 19 other The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth news stories!