Updated on August 30th at 9:06: Edmund McMillen of Team Meat has released a basic FAQ for Super Meat Boy Forever, confirming more details.
- It will release for phones, tablets, and PC sometime in 2015.
- There will be a full story, six chapters, and double the bosses of Super Meat Boy.
- Forever isn't an endless runner, but it will have an endless mode with online high scores and daily runs.
- A dark world with dark warp zones, bosses, and new playable indie game characters exists.
- Forever features "a vast randomly generated level structure that ensures a totally new play experience with each death."
- Forever is two months into development, will not use abusive monetisation, and is not a one button game.
McMillen also released new screenshots of Super Meat Boy Forever that you can view in the Screenshots tab above.
Original story follows...
Team Meat revealed one of their newest games on the PAX Prime 2014 show floor today, an endless runner called Super Meat Boy Forever.
The release date has been left at an ambiguous "when it's done," and launch platforms remain unspecified beyond PC and "tablets."
As its name suggests, Super Meat Boy Forever is an autorunner based on Team Meat's notoriously challenging Super Meat Boy from 2010.
The game was hinted at back in August with an ambiguous live action video called A Voyeur for September, which is an anagram for Super Meat Boy Forever.
Unless the two have a fourth game in the works, it'd be safe to assume that Super Meat Boy Forever is that project. Team Meat is also working on The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.
You can see a short Vine video of Super Meat Boy Forever below. Video and photo both courtesy Joystiq.Joystiq