Astracraft's latest update introduces a new competitive 5v5 game mode called Capture Point
New modules have also been added
Following the release of Astracraft earlier this year, NetEase has now updated the game to introduce a new 5v5 Capture Point mode. It looks to bring a competitive element to the sandbox mech combat title that allows players to really test their skills against one another.
The first map to be added alongside Capture Point is called Asteroid Base, a large map that's filled with complex terrain to navigate. Players will be able to assemble a team of up to five people to battle against up to five other ARMS.
The aim of the mode is to enter the three Captures Zones found on Asteroid Base and gain control over them. As teams continue to hold control over these points they will accrue Energy, which goes up in percentages. The team that reaches 100% first will be the winners.
In addition to a Capture Point, there are also several new modules for players to make use of. They include the following:
- "Big Guy" Heavy Core – A high mobility core with a Monopod and 2x2x2 size. It has good durability and temporarily defends against all damage
- Glider – Allows players to glide and turn in the air
- "Wolfpack" Group Optical Cloak – an ultra skill module that allows players to cloak themselves and nearby teammates
- "Benefactor" Repair Kit Storage Unit – In King of the Hill mode this will absorb surrounding Repair Kits and then Quick Repair a chosen teammate's ARMS upon reactivation
- "Thousand Mirror" Copier – another ultra skill module that allows players to briefly turn into a target's ARMS and copy all of their skills
There are also several Prize events running that will reward players with new cores, modules, decals, avatars, frames and skins. They are:
- Elite Squad – Form a team of five and win three games of Capture Point to win a Big Guy" Heavy Core
- Theme Mission – Four of these will be available each week and completing them in Capture Point will net players Fire Diamonds and Star Coins
- Roulette Game – The aforementioned Fire Diamonds can be used here to win 5v5 themed limited skins. All of the rewards on offer can be obtained within 40 players.