Welcome to Pocket Gamers' detailed Genshin Impact Beidou guide! Beidou is the captain of the Crux, an armed fleet in Liyue. They are famous throughout the region for their high-stakes adventures and bountiful riches. As she has always loved travelling the oceans, she finds herself adverse to the idea of staying on land for too long.
Her most amazing feat is surely that of her defeating a leviathan named Haishan without the use of a vision, or magic, to do so.
In the Beidou guide below you will find the following features:
- General Info & how to get Beidou
- Strengths & Weaknesses
- Best Build (Artifacts & Weapons)
- Best Party Members for Beidou
- Talents / Skills / Passive
- Talent Leveling Materials
- Ascensions costs
- Beidou Wishes / Availability
Beidou Element / Tier / Rarity / Weapon
Electro / A Tier / 4* Rarity / ClaymoreIn Genshin Impact, Beidou manages to not only deliver a ridiculous amount of Electro damage, but she helps spread it after deflecting attacks. Her 20% stamina reduction while swimming makes traversing to the outlying islands much easier, showcasing her reputation as a seaworthy opponent.
How to get Beidou?She can be obtained through the Thunder Soujorn event (Duration: July 22, 2021 10:00:00 AM ~ August 09, 2021 03:59:59 AM) by using 1,000 Thunder Pellets and 1,000 Thunder Crystals at the Oceanlord's Oath to exchange for "Uncrowned Lord of the Ocean" Beidou.
Genshin Impact Beidou Combat Info (Strengths and Weaknesses)
- Beidou has the only ‘counter’ move in the game
- Her Elemental Burst provides an Electro Aura
- Beidou needs to take damage before she is able to fully put on the hurt with her fourth level Constellation
- Can’t move at all during her Elemental Skill, which leaves her open to attack.
- Here are some Genshin Impact codes as a thank you for reading this!
Best Build for Beidou in Genshin ImpactIf you’re looking to maximize your Electro damage, focus on getting a Skyward Pride weapon and use Gladiator’s Finale as your artifact set to boost your attacks. A 4-set of Gladiator’s Finale provides an additional 35% attack DMG due to her being a Claymore user.
Beidou guide - Best Artifacts and Weapons
Gladiator’s FinaleATK% / Electro DMG / CRIT DMG Set Bonuses:
- (2) ATK +18%
- (4) If the wielder of this artifact set uses a Sword, Claymore or Polearm, increases their Normal Attack DMG by 35%
- Base Attack: 48
- Rating: 5*
- Bonus Effect: Energy Recharge 8%
Best Party Members to match Beidou with in Genshin Impact
Premium (Gacha) TeamIn Genshin Impact, Beidou is one of the best characters to lay down Electro with. She also can counter attacks, making her a great DPS, but since her Burst takes so much energy to use, it’s great to have a team that can regain energy fast and provide plenty of Elemental reactions.
Fischl is a good pair, as she can amplify the Electro attacks and give back energy to Beidou, allowing her Burst to be used more often. Xingqiu can spread Hydro on the field to make it easier to cause reactions and do more Electro damage. Diona’s shield helps manage the chaos and can lower enemy defences with Superconduct.
F2P TeamBeidou will be used to provide Electro AoE attacks, while Kaeya can be used as a secondary DPS to provide energy back to Beidou and lower enemy DEF with Superconduct. Barbara will not only be the healer but can also spread Hydro around. Fischl will be useful to provide Electro support by energy regain and Electro damage on the field.
Talents / Skills / Passive
Oceanborne - Normal AttackNormal: Perform up to 5 consecutive strikes. Charged: Drains Stamina over time to perform continuous slashes. At end of the sequence, perform a more powerful slash. Plunge Attack: Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground beneath, damaging enemies along the path and dealing AoE DMG upon impact. Skill Attributes:
- 1-Hit DMG 71.1%
- 2-Hit DMG 70.9%
- 3-Hit DMG 88.3%
- 4-Hit DMG 86.5%
- 5-Hit DMG 112%
- Charged Attack Spinning DMG - 56.2%
- Charged Attack Final DMG 102%
- Charged Attack Stamina Cost - 40/s
- Plunge DMG - 74.6%
- Low/High Plunge DMG - 149% / 186%
Tidecaller - Elemental SkillNothing to worry about. Should anyone raise a hand against her or her men, she will avenge it ten-fold with sword and thunder. Tap
- Accumulating the power of lightning, Beidou swings her blade forward fiercely, dealing Electro DMG.
- Lifts her weapon up as a shield. Max DMG absorbed scales off Beidou's Max HP.
- Attacks using the energy stored within the greatsword upon release or once this ability's duration expires, dealing Electro DMG. DMG dealt scales with the number of times Beidou is attacked in the skill's duration.
- The greatest DMG Bonus will be attained once this effect is triggered twice.
- The shield possesses the following properties:
- Has 250% Electro DMG Absorption Efficiency.
- Applies the Electro element to Beidou upon activation.
- Shield DMG Absorption 14.4% Max HP + 1,386
- Base DMG 122%
- DMG Bonus on Hit Taken 160%
- CD - 7.5s
Stormbreaker - Elemental BurstRecalling her slaying of the great beast Haishan, Beidou calls upon that monstrous strength and the lightning to create a Thunderbeast's Targe around herself. Thunderbeast’s Target
- When Normal and Charged Attacks hit, they create a lightning discharge that can jump between enemies, dealing Electro DMG
- Increases the character’s resistance to interruption, and decreases DMG taken
- Skill DMG 122%
- Lightning DMG 96%
- DMG Reduction 20%
- Duration 15s
- CD - 20s
- Energy Cost - 80
Retribution - 1st Ascension PassiveCounterattacking with Tidecaller at the precise moment when the character is hit grants the maximum DMG Bonus.
Lightning Storm - 4th Ascension PassiveGain the following effects for 10s after unleashing Tidecaller with its maximum DMG Bonus:
- DMG dealt by Normal and Charged Attacks is increased by 15%. ATK SPD of Normal and Charged Attacks is increased by 15%.
- Greatly reduced delay before unleashing Charged Attacks.
Conqueror of Tides - Unlocked AutomaticallyDecreases swimming Stamina consumption of your characters in the party by 20%.
Beidou guide - Talent Leveling Materials
Gained from Enemy Drops (Treasure Hoarders):
- Treasure Hoarder Insignia
- Silver Raven Insignia
- Golden Raven Insignia
Acquired from Domains (Wednesday/Friday/Sunday):
- Teachings of Gold
- Guide to Gold
- Philosophies of Gold
Obtained after defeating Bosses (Dvalin):Dvalin’s Sigh
Sea Beast's ScourgeWhen Stormbreaker is used:
- Creates a shield that absorbs up to 16% of Beidou's Max HP for 15s.
- This shield absorbs Electro DMG 250% more effectively.
Upon the Turbulent Sea, the Thunder ArisesStormbreaker's arc lightning can jump to two additional targets.
Summoner of Storm
- Increases the Level of Tidecaller by 3.
- Maximum upgrade level is 15.
Stunning RevengeWithin 10s of taking DMG, Beidou's Normal Attacks gain 20% additional Electro DMG.
- Increase the Level of Stormbreaker by 3.
- Maximum upgrade level is 15.
Bane of EvilDuring the duration of Stormbreaker, the Electro RES of surrounding enemies is decreased by 15%.
Genshin Impact Beidou Ascensions costsPhase 1
- Mora Cost: 20,000
- Noctilous Jade ×3
- Vajrada Amethyst Sliver ×1
- Treasure Hoarder Insignia ×3
- Noctilous Jade ×10
- Vajrada Amethyst Fragment ×3
- Treasure Hoarder Insignia ×15
- Lightning Prism ×2
- Mora Cost: 60,000
- Noctilous Jade ×20
- Vajrada Amethyst Fragment ×6
- Silver Raven Insignia ×12
- Lightning Prism ×4
- Mora Cost: 80,000
- Noctilous Jade ×20
- Vajrada Amethyst Chunk ×3
- Silver Raven Insignia ×18
- Lightning Prism ×8
- Mora Cost: 100,000
- Noctilous Jade ×45
- Vajrada Amethyst Chunk ×6
- Golden Raven Insignia ×12
- Lightning Prism ×12
- Mora Cost: 120,000
- Noctilous Jade ×60
- Vajrada Amethyst Gemstone ×6
- Golden Raven Insignia ×24
- Lightning Prism ×20
Base StatsAt Level 1, Beidou starts with 1,094 HP, 19 ATK, and 54 DEF.
Wishes / AvailabilityIn Genshin Impact Beidou can be earned through the 2.0 event, Thunder Soujorn (Duration: July 22, 2021, 10:00:00 AM ~ August 09, 2021, 03:59:59 AM) by using 1,000 Thunder Pellets and 1,000 Thunder Crystals at the Oceanlord's Oath to exchange for "Uncrowned Lord of the Ocean" Beidou (Electro).
You know, we also have a Genshin Impact tier list if you want to check how well Beidou performs in comparison to other characters! Also, stay aware, soon enough we plan to make a Genshin Impact characters hub with all of the available characters and their detailed guides!
Want more? Check out our 59 other Genshin Impact tips, guides and walkthroughs!