Welcome to Pocket Gamers' detailed Genshin Impact Barbara guide! Barbara is a deaconess in the Church of Favonius and also acts how she thinks a Pop-star idol should act. Always humming a tune and looking out for what is best for others, she hopes to one day be as strong of a public figure as her sister, Jean.
She tends to be a bit clumsy and surprisingly soft-spoken, but her fervent need to protect holy relics takes precedence over everything else.
In the Barbara's guide below you will find the following features:
- General Info & how to get Barbara
- Strengths & Weaknesses
- Best Build (Artifacts & Weapons)
- Best Party Members for Barbara
- Talents / Skills / Passive
- Talent Leveling Materials
- Ascensions costs
- Barbara Wishes / Availability
Barbara Character Appearance
Barbara Element / Tier / Rarity / Weapon
Hydro / A Tier / 4* Rarity / CatalystIn Genshin Impact Barbara has great healing powers and can be a great asset to any team. Her ability to automatically revive characters at higher constellation levels is unmatched, and her hydro abilities provide a lot of powerful reactions.
How to get BarbaraBarbara can be received at the regular rate in the Wanderlust Invocation Standard Wish, which is always available..
Genshin Impact Barbara Combat Info (Strengths and Weaknesses)
- Barbara is a strong healer, and has the highest healing powers in the game
- Her skill can either heal in a pinch or offer healing over time as you switch to other characters
- She can revive characters at Constellation level 6
- Barbara will automatically apply Wet to teammates when switched, which may cause unwanted reactions
- Barbara’s skills take a while to cooldown
- All her talents focus on healing instead of damage output
Best Build for Barbara in Genshin ImpactPair Barbara with the Prototype Amber catalyst weapon and Maiden Beloved artifact set to up her output as a healing support character. Not only will this increase her healing effectiveness by 15 percent, but it will increase her Elemental Skill and Burst healing output, too.
Barbara - Best Artifacts and Weapons
Maiden BelovedHP% / HP% / Healing Bonus Set Bonuses:
- (2) Character Healing Effectiveness +15%.
- (4) Using an Elemental Skill or Burst increases healing received by all party members by 20% for 10s.
- Base Attack: 42
- Rating: 4*
- Bonus Effect: HP + 10%
Best Party Members to match Barbara with in Genshin Impact
Premium (Gacha) TeamIn Genshin Impact, Barbara should be used as a healer to heal with her Skill and Burst and cause elemental reactions. If you pair her with Keqing, you can use her to deliver lots of damage with both her normal and electro attacks while Barbara continues to offer healing while off the field.
Zhongli is a great additional DPS with a shield that will further burst your ability to put out damage without taking a lot in return. Fischl can be a great support character to boost the team’s damage output with her constant Electro damage that spreads with Barbara’s attacks.
F2P TeamBarbara is a great healer to keep your party alive even while not active, if you use her Hydro on the field before switching to Kaeya, you can cause Frozen. Kaeya can be used to freeze enemies and offer lots of opportunities to help take down enemies faster with his skill at controlling mobs.
Bring the Traveler along with Anemo to spread reactions with his whirlwinds and generally work as a support. Xiangling will be used as the DPS, as she can help spread Melt reactions when paired with Kaeya’s Cryo.
Talents / Skills / Passive
Whisper of Water - Normal AttackNormal: Perform up to 4 water splash attack that deals Hydro DMG Charged: Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to deal AoE Hydro DMG after a short casting time. Plunge Attack: Gathering the might of Hydro, Barbara plunges towards the ground from mid-air, damaging all enemies in her path. Deals AoE Hydro DMG upon impact with the ground. Skill Attributes:
- 1-Hit DMG 37.8%
- 2-Hit DMG 35.5%
- 3-Hit DMG 41%
- 4-Hit DMG 55.2%
- Charged Attack DMG - 166%
- Charged Attack Stamina Cost - 50
- Plunge DMG - 56.8%
- Low/High Plunge DMG - 114% / 142%
Let the Show Begin - Elemental SkillSummons water droplets resembling musical notes that form a Melody Loop, dealing Hydro DMG to surrounding enemies and afflicting them with the Wet status. Melody Loop
- Barbara's Normal Attacks heal all party members and nearby allied characters for a certain amount of HP, which scales with Barbara's Max HP.
- Her Charged Attack generates 4 times the amount of healing.
- Regenerates a certain amount of the current character's HP at regular intervals.
- Applies the Wet status to the character and enemies who come in contact with them.
- HP Regen Per Hit - 0.75% Max HP + 72
- Continuous Regeneration - 4% Max HP + 385
- Droplet DMG - 58.4%
- Duration - 15s
- CD - 32s
Shining Miracle - Elemental BurstHeals friendly forces and all parties for a large amount of HP that scales with Barbara's Max HP. Skill Attributes
- Healing Amount - 17.6% Max HP + 1,694
- CD - 20s
- Energy Cost - 80
Glorious Season - 1st Ascension PassiveThe Stamina Consumption of characters within Let the Show Begin's Melody Loop is reduced by 12%.
Encore - 4th Ascension PassiveWhen your active character gains an Elemental Orb/Particle, the duration of Let the Show Begin's Melody Loop is extended by 1s.
The maximum extension is 5s.
With My Whole Heart - Unlocked AutomaticallyWhen a Perfect Cooking is achieved on a dish with restorative effects, there is a 12% chance to obtain double the product.
Talent Leveling Materials
Gained from Enemy Drops (Samachurls):
- Divining Scroll
- Sealed Scroll
- Forbidden Curse Scroll
Acquired from Domains (Wednesday/Saturday/Sunday):
- Teachings of Freedom
- Guide to Freedom
- Philosophies of Freedom
Obtained after defeating Bosses (Lupus Boreas):Ring of Boreas
Gleeful SongsBarbara regenerates 1 Energy every 10s.
- Decrease the CD of Let the Show Begin by 15%.
- During the ability's duration, the current character gains 15% Hydro DMG Bonus.
Star of Tomorrow
- Increases the Level of Shining Miracle by 3.
- Maximum upgrade level is 15.
Attentiveness be My Power
- Every enemy Barbara hits with her Charged Attack regenerates 1 Energy for her.
- A maximum of 5 energy can be regenerated in this manner with any one Charged Attack.
The Purest Companionship
- Increases the Level of Let the Show Begin by 3.
- Maximum upgrade level is 15.
Dedicating Everything to YouWhen Barbara is not on the field, if one of her party members fall:
- Automatically revives this character.
- Fully regenerates this character's HP by 100%.
This effect can only occur once every 15 mins.
Genshin Impact Barbara Ascensions costsPhase 1
- Mora Cost: 20,000
- Philanemo Mushroom ×3
- Varunada Lazurite Sliver ×1
- Divining Scroll ×3
- Philanemo Mushroom ×10
- Varunada Lazurite Fragment ×3
- Divining Scroll ×15
- Cleansing Heart ×2
- Mora Cost: 60,000
- Philanemo Mushroom ×20
- Varunada Lazurite Fragment ×6
- Sealed Scroll ×12
- Cleansing Heart ×4
- Mora Cost: 80,000
- Philanemo Mushroom ×20
- Varunada Lazurite Chunk ×3
- Sealed Scroll ×18
- Cleansing Heart ×8
- Mora Cost: 100,000
- Philanemo Mushroom ×45
- Varunada Lazurite Chunk ×6
- Forbidden Curse Scroll ×12
- Cleansing Heart ×12
- Mora Cost: 120,000
- Philanemo Mushroom ×60
- Varunada Lazurite Gemstone ×6
- Forbidden Curse Scroll ×24
- Cleansing Heart ×20
Base StatsAt Level 1, Barbara starts with 821 HP, 13 ATK, and 56 DEF.
Wishes / AvailabilityBarbara is no longer featured in the Sparkling Steps even banner, as it has ended. She can be received at the regular rate in the Wanderlust Invocation Standard Wish, which is always available.
Hopefully, you'll find our Barbara guide useful. We'll make sure it gets updated regularly.
You know, we also have a Genshin Impact tier list if you want to check how well Barbara performs in comparison to other characters! Also, stay aware, soon enough we plan to make a Genshin Impact characters hub with all of the available characters and their detailed guides!
Want more? Check out our 60 other Genshin Impact tips, guides and walkthroughs!