Updated: January 14, 2021
In this League of Legends: Wild Rift Nami guide you'll find everything you need to know about the champion, from her skills and how to allocate them to her build, skill combo, and runes. Here is what you will find in the Nami guide below:
- Nami's skills
- Skill combos
- Skill level-up order
- Summoner spells
Nami, The Tidecaller, is the next champion we are going to cover in our Wild RIft guides series. She is one of those support champions that could be considered viable 9 out of 10 times because her kit is absolutely perfect for both starting teamfights or disengaging.
Nami is an enchanter support, which means that she's not tanky enough to be on the front line of battles, but she is a beast on the backline. But don't let the cute looks of this mermaid-like champion fool you - they're rather fishy (see what I did there?). Even though she is a support, her damage output can be surprisingly high. Her Skill 3 makes her even more dangerous, especially if you pair her up with a marksman like Draven - but more about this below.
Make sure you stay up-to-date with our latest Wild Rift strategy guides, tips and tricks by checking out our League of Legends: Wild Rift hub.
League of Legends: Wild Rift Nami skills
Surging Tides (Passive)
When Nami's abilities hit allied champions they gain Movement Speed for a short duration.
Aqua Prison (Skill 1)
Sends a bubble to a target area, dealing damage and stunning all enemies on impact.
Ebb and Flow (Skill 2)
Unleashes a stream of water that bounces back and forth between allied and enemy champions, healing allies and damaging enemies.
Tidecaller's Blessing (Skill 3)
Empowers an allied champion for a short duration. The ally's basic attacks and spells deal bonus magic damage and slow the target.
Tidal Wave (Skill 4 / Ultimate)
Summons a massive Tidal Wave that knocks up, slows, and damages enemies. Allies hit gain double the effect of Surging Tides.
How to combo as Nami:Nami doesn't exactly have some overwhelming skill combos. If you were to talk about a Nami combo, you'd probably think about a skill rotation when she's trying to trade with an opponent. In that case, let's take a look:
- Skill 3 -> auto-attack -> Skill 1 -> auto-attack -> Skill 2 (self-cast if you're with an ally, or cast on the opponent if you're alone) -> auto-attack
This combo will take the utmost advantage of Nami's Skill 3, which boosts the auto-attacks of the one who gets buffed by it. Also, when you cast Skill 2 on yourself (when you're next to an ally), if you also hit the opponent, Skill 2 will bounce off the enemy and onto your ally. However, if you cast it only on the opponent, it will bounce back to only one ally.
Other Nami tips:
Nami is the ideal back-line champion. All of her skills are specifically made to displace enemies or buff allies in such a way to catch the opponents that are trying to escape. Also, with an ultimate that buffs allies hit by it, it's best if you try to position in such a way as to buff as many teammates as possible.
- Use your Skill 3 before you trade in the lane with any opponent. That way you'll deal a lot more damage and win more trades. Also, if your lane partner (marksman) is trading auto-attacks with an enemy, make sure you buff them because it will also give them a short burst of movement speed.
- You can use your Skill 1 to take enemies by surprise (even Flash -> Skill 1) which works great if you are confident you will win the fight. Otherwise, you can save Skill 1 for later and cast it when an opponent is engaging on you and your laner.
- If you want your Skill 2 to heal you (or your allies) when you cast it on an opponent, you should make sure they are in its range.
- Your Skill 1 can crowd control multiple enemies, so whenever you cast it, try to catch 2 or more opponents in the bubble.
- When hitting your ultimate, you should always try to hit it through your allies - that's because it will grant them double the effect of your passive (even greater movement speed).
- If your allies are trying to escape or to catch up to an enemy, use any of your buffing skills (Skill 2 or Skill 3) to give them a short speed burst. You could also buff them with just one of them, and after a couple of seconds use the other one, so they have the speed buff for longer.
In what order to level up the skills?On Nami, you always want to max out your Skill 2 first, then Skill 3, and finally your Skill 1.
- Level 1: Skill 2
- Level 2: Skill 1
- Level 3: Skill 3
- Level 4: Skill 2
- Level 5: Skill 4
- Level 6: Skill 2
- Level 7: Skill 2
Keep leveling Skill 2 until it's maxed, then focus on Skill 3, and lastly on Skill 1. Of course, whenever you can, you want to add 1 point into your Skill 4 (ultimate).
The best summoner spellsExhaust: Exhausts the target enemy champion, reducing their movement speed by 20% and their damage dealt by 40% for 2.5 seconds. Flash: Teleport a short distance forward or towards the aimed direction.
Wild RIft Nami - The best runes
Wild Rift Nami - The best items
Ionian Redemption is the best one for Nami since it provides more heal for the team.
Ionian Shadow is an alternative if you want to slow down enemies even more.
If you would like to examine if Nami is currently in meta, check out our Wild Rift Tier List!
Want more? Check out our 67 other Wild Rift tips, guides and walkthroughs!