How to be a hero in Injustice: Gods Among Us - hints, tips, and tricks
Speed up your progress with our handy guide
As you'll have read in my review of Injustice: Gods Among Us, NetherRealm's game is a very straightforward - and very mediocre - scrapper.
There are, however, a few reasons here and there for fans of the home console version to download this 'companion app'.
If you're one of those people, you'll be wanting a guide to get the most from your time in this spin-off game, won't you? Yeah, exactly.
Guess what? Yep, we've made a list of some essential tips and strategies to help you gain control of the DC Universe, and published them right below.
We've also compiled a full list of the unlockables available between both versions of the game. Plus, how you gain access to them. We are good to you. Soooooooo good.General play tips
Don't buy loads of cards. I know this sounds counterintuitive in a collectible card game, but bear with me. If you want to progress through the title quickly, you see, you need to concentrate on using a small selection of cards to begin with and increasing their power through levelling.
By doing this, you'll ensure that you can fight tougher enemies in harder Battles, rather than be forced to go back and grind earlier fights.
You'll earn Power Credits for completing Battles. Instead of splashing out on that new character you've got your eye on, though, spend this currency on upgrading the powers you already have so that special attacks are more powerful.
If you must buy more character cards, you will extend the amount of time you can spend playing the game. Obtain three more cards so that you have a total of six characters from which to choose. This will give you another full team to use when your all-stars are resting after running out of energy.
High-level play is practically non-existent in Injustice: Gods Among Us, but there are a few concepts you should be aware of to make your progress through the game smoother.
The first is to always remember that you have a team of three heroes in your squad, each with special abilities. You can swap characters about during scraps, and any character not fighting is gradually recovering health. So, if Green Lantern has taken a beating, swap him out for Harley Quinn.
Special skills do add some flavour to the play, and one particular one you should be aware of is Cyborg's regeneration ability. Essentially, he recovers health twice as quickly as other characters, meaning that you can bring him back into play more frequently than others in your team.
Select him as the first character to enter the battlefield in the team edit option, let him take a load of punishment from opponents, swap him out, then bring him back in as soon as he's gained a load of health back.
By playing the iOS version of Injustice: Gods Among Us, you can unlock items in the console version.
Here's what's up for grabs...
- Bane Background - Obtain five character cards
- Solomon Grundy background - Obtain ten character cards
- Superman's Cape background - Obtain 15 character cards
- Bars of Gold background - Obtain 30 character cards
- Killer Frost background - Fully evolve one character
- Wonder Woman icon - Finish one Battle
- Green Arrow icon - Finish ten Battles
- The Joker icon - Finish 25 Battles
- Doomsday icon - Finish 40 Battles
- Superman icon - Complete the tutorial
- Wonder Woman portrait - Complete the tutorial
- Green Arrow portrait - Log in with your WB ID five times (return each day for a total of five days)
- The Joker portrait - Log in ten times
- Doomsday portrait - Log in 20 times
- Superman portrait - Log in 30 times
- Batman Beyond costume - Obtain Batman
- New 52 Green Lantern costume - Finish a Bonus Battle
- Knightfall Bane costume - Rate the game on the iTunes Store
- Arkham Harley costume - Acquire Joker
- Super secret unlockable - Complete all Battles
Likewise, if you play the home console version, you can unlock loads of stuff for the mobile version.
- Arkham Harley character - Complete 'Girl Power' online
- New 52 Green Lantern character - Sign up for WB ID (also unlocks from mobile version)
- Batman Beyond character - Complete the 'MET All Transitions' challenge online
- Knightfall Bane character - Complete 50 challenges
- Prison Superman character - Complete Story mode
- New 52 Flash character - Complete 'Speed Run'
- Green Lantern's Power Battery - Reach Level 5
- Oracle - Reach Level 10
- Fortress of Solitude - Win one ranked match
- Venom Compound - Use interactive objects 100 times
- Harley's Mallet - Reach Level 25
- 5000 Power Credits - Perform a Supermove
- 10000 Power Credits - Dethrone one King online
- 15000 Power Credits - Execute a ranked 10 streak online
- 25000 Power Credits - Complete the Arkham Challenge online
- 30000 Power Credits - Obtain three stars on all S.T.A.R. Labs missions
- One Bronze Booster Pack - Finish a Battle
- One Silver Booster Pack - Train for ten hours total
- Two Silver Booster Packs - Complete a Holiday Challenge
- One Gold Booster Pack - Reach Level 100