Pocket Gamer is hiring a news writer to cover all of the hottest stories in mobile
And that could be YOU
Pocket Gamer is hiring a news writer to cover all of the hottest stories in mobile and handheld gaming and promote them across its social media channels on a daily basis.
Pocket Gamer is the global authority on all things mobile and handheld. We focus on the games that our audience cares about. Whether that's a MOBA, match-three puzzler, or fully-fledged action RPG, you'll be right there to provide them with the exact coverage you need to get the most out of your experience.
You'll need to find the absolute best sources of mobile gaming news, be able to adapt to the constantly-changing interests of our audience, and ensure we beat all of our competitors and get the news out there first.
Location isn't important, as you'll be working from home. You will need a strong internet connection and access to a laptop or desktop computer though. An iOS or Android device is preferable as well.
As a news writer at, you will:
- Write news articles daily to a quota.
- Promote all of your stories across our channels and seek out the best alternative places to push them and ensure they get the most widespread coverage.
- Constantly be on the lookout for the best new sources of mobile gaming news, and utilise our existing ones to their full effect.
- Be able and willing to write other types of content (features, reviews, guides, lists) when necessary.
As an applicant, you will have experience in:
- A news writing position for a gaming publication - preferably mobile, but it's not essential.
- Experience writing all sorts of other content from features, to guides, to opinion pieces.
- Working with social media and various other channels like Reddit, N4G, and fan forums to promote content.
- Digging out the absolute best sources of news and using them to their full potential.
- Games in general. We're looking for someone with the same level of passion and interest as our audience.
If that sounds like you, please send over a cover letter detailing why you feel you're right for the role, a CV which includes all your relevant experience, and examples of relevant work to glen (dot) fox (at) steelmedia (dot) co (dot) uk.