How to access Apple Arcade on iPad with iPadOS 13 Beta installation
Install iPadOS 13 to get Apple Arcade right now
Apple Arcade has finally launched across most devices along with iOS 13, but if you're on an iPad, you might find yourself at a loss for now.
It's Apple being Apple of course, and right now you can't access Apple Arcade even if it's compatible, depending on your device.
So let's troubleshoot. First, we'll figure out what device you're using, and if you're on something compatible, we can hopefully get you to access to Apple Arcade through iPadOS 13 Beta.
We'll run you through what you need to know to get yourself on to the beta below, but for now, let's double-check that device…Are you using the right iPad?
To access Apple Arcade you'll need iOS 13. First thing you should double-check for a system update, and if you don't have one, check this list for your device…iPhones:
- iPhone 6S and 6S Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XS, XS Max and XR
- iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max
- iPod Touch seventh generation
- iPad Pro 12.9in first and second generation
- iPad Pro 10.5in
- iPad Pro 9.7in
- iPad Pro 11in
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air 3
- iPad fifth generation
- iPad sixth generation
- iPad seventh generation
- iPad Mini 4
If you see your device listed above, you should be able to gain access. Simply double-check for that software update on iPhone devices. iPad users, meanwhile, should follow the following steps to get updated…How to install the iPadOS 13 Beta
The first you should do before installing the iPadOS 13 Beta is making a backup of your device through iTunes. Whether you're on PC or Mac, the best way to do this is to plug your device in via USB and make a backup through devices menu.
Once you're backed up, you can move on to installing iPadOS13.
- Using Safari browser on your iPad, access Apple's beta site here and sign in
- Access the iPadOS section of the site here
- Under the Install Profile section, click the "Download Profile" button
- Allow the download and accept
- In the Settings menu in the General tab, find Profile near the bottom underneath VPN
- Click Profile and active the iOS 13 & iPadOS 13 Beta Software Profile
- This will cause your iPad to restart
- Once restarted use the Settings app again and at the top of the General tab, click Software Update
- You should now have access to iOS 13. Download and install the update. This may take some time.
- Once installed and restarted, check the App Store. You should find the Apple Arcade tab at the bottom.
That's all you really need! It may take some time, but once you're done you'll be ready to enjoy Apple Arcade goodness. Don't worry if Apple Arcade doesn't work immediately, it may take some time.