Dead Cells Cavern key - how to use it and where to find it
If you’re stuck while searching for the Cavern Key in Dead Cells then you’re in the right place as we have created this guide to help you find them and outline the steps involved to use them in-game.
Needless to say, finding and using the Cavern Key is one of the most difficult tasks in Dead Cells. Right after the major update in the game that introduced new areas to the map and bosses, it plays an important role. We have also covered the Dead Cell's Gardener's Keys, so you can dive into that one after you are done with this guide!
In this article, we will take a look at all the facts related to the Key and its usage. Make sure to follow the steps carefully to not waste your time roaming around the map.
What is a Cavern Key in Dead Cells?
It is one of the rare keys that unlock the fifth level biome in Dead Cells. This location has long carved tunnels filled with creepy monsters and traps. Once you unlock the Cavern you can get unlimited access from the Graveyard.
How to get the Cavern Key?The Cavern Key is only available in the Rise of the Giant content. In order to grab the key, you’ll have to search for it before you start a run. Refer to the steps below to get the key.
- First off, grab your favourite weapons in the Prisoner’s Quarters as you will be tackling a bunch of monsters along the way
- Head to the adjacent room and locate a big hole in the wall. The hole acts as a passage to the gateway
- After entering the hole, search for the lava pit which is the main pathway that leads to the door
- By now, you must have unlocked the Disengagement Rune. Use it to turn the locks and activate switches
- Carefully, hop onto the other side of the door to nab the Cavern Key
Note that, the Disengagement Rune unlocks after completing certain tasks in the previous area.
How to use the Cavern Key?
As we discussed above, the Key gives you access to the Cavern biome. Once you unlock it, you won’t have to use the key anymore. Below are some of the places that will help you reach the biome quickly:
- Prisoners’ Quarters
- Promenade of the Condemned
- Insufferable Crypt