With the Luminous Legends Y event and Xerneas’ introduction, Niantic has announced the debut of Legendary Pokémon Yveltal. The event will be running in two parts and we will have a close look at all the details. During the event, Dark-type Pokémon will be seen more often, and Pancham can be obtained from Strange Eggs. During the first week of the event, Team GO Rocket plans to interrupt your adventure by stealing Pokemon and turning them into Shadow Pokemon. And the encounter might be a bit more challenging as Team GO Rocket Grunts have come up with new battle strategies. In the second week, it will be all about Fairy-type Pokémon and Eevee's evolution, Sylveon, will make its debut.
Details of Part 1:The first week of the event runs from May 18th at 10:00 a.m. to May 24th, at 8:00 p.m. local time. Features:
- Five-star raids will feature Yvetal throughout the event.
- Strange Eggs retrieved from Team GO Rocket will hatch into Pancham, including, Qwilfish, Larvitar, Absol, Skorupi, Sandile, Scraggy, Pawniard, Vullaby, and Deino.
- Dark-type Pokémon like Houndour, Carvanha and more will often appear in the wild.
- Spritzee, Swirlix, and Goomy from Luminous Legends X will give another chance to the Trainers who missed out.
- Trainers taking part in the Team GO Rocket–themed Timed Research can encounter Dark-type Pokémon like Galarian Zigzagoon.
- Alolan Rattata, Alolan Meowth, Alolan Grimer, Sneasel, Poochyena, Stunky, and Purrloin will hatch from 7 km Eggs.
- Mega Raids will feature more Dark-type Pokémon like Alolan Meowth, Yveltal.
Yveltal will soon be making its Pokémon GO debut in the Luminous Legends Y event! Mysteriously, Dark-type Pokémon will also be appearing more often, and Pancham will be hatching from Strange Eggs. https://t.co/SYISqECR3v pic.twitter.com/y2k9my2QSi — Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) May 10, 2021
- Event-exclusive Field Research tasks will get you a chance to catch Galarian Zigzagoon, Scraggy, and more.
- Galarian Zigzagoon will appear in event-exclusive AR Mapping tasks
- Charged Attack Frustration can be removed by using a TM.
- The entire event will run with a 3x Catch Bonus.
- Shiny Galarian Zigzagoon will be available in raids for lucky players and will stay throughout the event.
- One-star raids will feature Galarian Zigzagoon.
One of the new and exciting parts of the event is that the players can partner with others and collaboratively defeat Team GO Rocket. More detailed information can be found in-game when the event starts.
Details of Part 2:The first week of the event will be carried out from May 25th at 10:00 a.m. to May 31st, at 8:00 p.m. local time. Features:
- Sylveon is set to make its debut. Trainers can also evolve Eevee into Sylveon by earning hearts.
- Eevee, Ralts, Spritzee, Swirlix along Pokemon featured in Part 1 will appear often in the wild.
- Eevee, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Togepi, Azurill, Spritzee, and Swirlix will be hatching from 7 km eggs.
- Three-star raids will feature Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, and Umbreon
- Event-exclusive Field Research will showcase Eevee and its evolutions.
- Poffins will be the reward upon completion of the event-exclusive AR Mapping tasks.
- Trainers can head to the in-game shop to buy Sylveon avatars.
Want more? Check out our 237 other Pokemon GO news stories!