Charrua Soccer recently got added to the ever-growing list of Apple Arcade games, which should be great news for football fans. Charrua Soccer offers a simple, yet incredibly enjoyable game of football which should satisfy those looking for a mobile Fifa to take with them wherever they go.
The best news about Charrua Soccer is that you can play multiplayer with your friends, and who doesn't want to do that? In this guide, we're going to go over exactly how to jump in and play multiplayer with friends who are nearby.
As for online multiplayer and multi-device multiplayer, well, that's another story. Scroll down to our explanation below for everything you need to know.
Once you've brushed up on how to play Charrua Soccer with friends, make sure to take a look at our tournament mode tips:
Playing on the same device
- Select the mode you wish to play, either Penalty Match or Friendly Match.
- Once selected, scroll over to the "Sides" option.
- Here you can set which side you wish to play on, set the match to be CPU VS CPU, or assign controls for you and a friend.
- Your device will show connected controllers, on iPhone and iPad, the device itself can be used as a controller, while on Mac you can use the keyboard.
- You will need an additional controller for your friend, an iOS compatible Bluetooth game controller is recommended. You can also use a controller each. Make sure these are connected through Bluetooth in the settings menu in advance.
- Set either the controllers, or controller and device, or CPUs, to the desired sides of the pitch.
- Start up your Friendly or Penalty Match and enjoy!
Multi-device or online multiplayer?
As of right now, there is no way to play Charrua Soccer either online, or with multiple devices, which is a massive missed opportunity. This active, interesting football game definitely deserves an online mode, possibly even a ranked mode, to bolster the community.
It's nice that you can play with friends on a single device, but when you don't have friends around, you'll be stuck into playing against CPUs, and CPUs alone. Hopefully, we'll eventually see either a multiplayer update in the future, or a standalone multiplayer game outside of Apple Arcade.