Updated: Original list by Dave Aubrey, Updated by Jupiter Hadley on February 17th, 2021.
If you've been on the receving end of gift cards or codes for your Android device, you might be a little lost when it comes to redeeming these cards, to gain whatever perks that you want! That's where this guide comes in.
Right here we're going to lay out everything you need to know in order to redeem codes and gift cards for the Google Play Store, whether that's in the app on your phone, or in browser.
- How to redeem gift cards and codes on iTunes and the App Store
- How to redeem game codes and gift cards for the Nintendo Switch eshop
Just read below for absolutely everything you need to know…
Redeeming a gift card or code on your Android phone
Luckily, redeeming any gift card or code for the Google Play Store on your Android phone is, as you might expect, pretty straightforward and simple. Thank goodness.
All you'll need here is the Google Play Store installed on your phone, and to be logged in to your account. Pretty simple, considering you should already have those things in place if you are using your mobile device. Now just follow these instructions…
- Step 1: Open the Google Play Store on your Android device while connected to the internet
- Step 2: Tap the Menu, and scroll down to find the Redeem option - it's near the bottom
- Step 3: Enter your code, and then tap the redeem button.
That should be everything! Sure, it's a bit of a shame that it can't scan your code with a camera like you can with iOS devices and codes for the App Store or iTunes, but eh, it works well enough, even if it is a bit bare bones.
Redeeming on PC or in browserLuckily, it doesn't get much easier than redeeming codes on your PC or in your browser, and yes, it's very simple here. Again, no camera nonsense, but we don't need it.
- Step 1: All you need to do is visit this link right here while logged in to your Google Account in your browser
- Step 2: Enter your code
- Step 3: Click redeem
Yes, it really is that simple.
Just double-check that you're logged into the correct Google Account before you enter any codes, especially if you're the type to use multiple accounts for work. It's always worth double checking before you redeem as there is no going back.