Nintendo’s first big update for Mario Kart Tour, version 1.0.2, is now rolling out for iOS and Android players. As reported earlier in the week, the update aims to fix a number of known issues, many of which caused the game to become unplayable. The full patch notes surfaced first on imgur and were initially reported on by GoNintendo.
Many players have reported control woes and other more core issues with the game, though it’s unlikely we’ll be seeing any changes there so soon after launch. Here's the full list of tweaks, additions, and fixes:
- Information in detailed notifications in News may not be displayed correctly on certain devices running Android 4.4.
- If the date changes while the player is viewing the screen showing the badge they received for completing a challenge, an error will be displayed and the game will become unplayable.
- On certain devices, the game may become unplayable when the race-results screen is displayed after the player has changed their control method to Drift.
- The game may become unplayable if a nickname is not entered when linking a Nintendo Account.
- The game may become unplayable when players transition to the main screen after the game starts up.
- Certain players may encounter error code 805-9314 after linking a Nintendo Account and become unable to play the game.
- The conditions for obtaining Grand Stars shown on the results screen of certain Bonus Challenges are incorrectly listed if the game’s language is set to Simplified Chinese.
- Added a Shop button to the main screen.
- Revamped the Shop screen.
- Changed the colour of the Pipe button.
To see all our latest coverage and guides – including a list of over 4000 friend codes – check out our Ultimate Guide to Mario Kart Tour. And if you’re yet to take this one for a spin, you’ll find it available for download right now over on both the App Store and Google Play.Check out our news section to discover the latest, and greatest, games.