Pokemon from the Unova region are heading to Pokemon Go later today – that's Pokemon Black and White if you're not the type of person who remembers the region. There's a whole bunch of details to sift through so we won't delay.
First up, Niantic has detailed a few of the Pokemon that can be found in the wild. These will include the three Unova starters – Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott alongside Patrat, Lillipup, Purrloin, Pidove and Blitzle. There will also apparently be a few more lurking in the world.
Meanwhile, there are a number of Unova Pokemon that can start hatching from eggs:
- 2km eggs - Patrat, Lillipup, Purrloin and Pidove
- 5km eggs - can now have Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Blitzle, Drillbur and Foongus
- 10km eggs – Ferroseed, Klink, Litwick, Golett and Deino
On the raid front, Lillipup, Patrat and Klink can all be challenged. However, Klink will not appear outside of raid battles in the wild for the time being.
Additionally, as is always the case in Pokemon Go some Pokemon are region exclusive. These exclusives are listed below:
- Asia-Pacific: Pansage, the Grass Monkey Pokémon
- Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India: Pansear, the High Temp Pokémon
- The Americas and Greenland: Panpour, the Spray Pokémon
- Western hemisphere: Heatmor, the Anteater Pokémon
- Eastern hemisphere: Durant, the Iron Ant Pokémon
A few other details include being able to find shiny Patrat and Lillipup depending on how lucky you are. And finally, there will be a new item called the Unova Stone which can cause certain Pokemon to evolve. The example given was Lampent and we all know what that means – Chandelure!
Has a lack of stellar Pokemon such as Chandelure meant that you've not played Pokemon Go yet? If this new revelation has you interested then Pokemon Go is available on the App Store and Google Play. It's a free-to-play game with in-app purchases.Check out our news section to discover the latest, and greatest, games.