WWDC was pretty intense the other day. Not only for the ton of new software and software updates on the way, but also from how advanced and promising some of the bits were (I'm looking at you ARKit 2).
However, let's not forget that the Apple Design Awards went on not too long afterwards and these winners are well worth screaming about.
The games that walked away with an Apple Design Award are:
- Alto's Odyssey - App Store (£4.99/$4.99)
- "A stunning looking, cathartic experience that builds subtly on what's come before. Just go and get it." - Pocket Gamer Gold Award
- Florence - App Store (£2.99/$2.99)
- "If you're looking for a game that's entirely self contained, won't take up more than an hour of your time, and will likely leave you with a warm and fuzzy feeling in your chest, then Florence is going to be right up your street." - Pocket Gamer Silver Award
- FROST - App Store (£4.99/$4.99)
- "Frost makes up for a lack of challenge with its beautiful aesthetic and consistently clever mechanics." - Pocket Gamer Silver Award
- Playdead's INSIDE - App Store (£6.99/$6.99)
- "This is the sort of grim, ghastly, and utterly compelling adventure that really hammers home just how interesting videogames can be if they step outside the bright colours and gacha mechanics that persist throughout the App Store." - Pocket Gamer Gold Award
- Oddmar - App Store (£4.99/$4.99)
- "If you love platformers, then this is a no-brainer. If you're not a hundred percent sold on the genre though, there's a chance that Oddmar might be the game that makes you finally understand how exciting an experience they can be." - Pocket Gamer Gold Award
Check those games out and let us know in the comments below whether you think they're worthy winners or not. Perhaps there's a game you think was forgotten about? Let us know.