If you're a fan of the Animal Crossing games you might notice a few familiar faces in Nintendo's Pocket Camp presentation/trailer.
Sadly lacking the amiibo support, at least we've still got these perky anthropomorphic friends to look out for:
- "If you have a question about your campsite, chances are Isabelle knows the answer...as well as the answer to five other questions you didn't even think to ask! You can find her at the town hall satellite office, providing support to anyone who needs it."
- "A master craftsman, Cyrus can build any piece of furniture you order! And the best part? He also delivers! Now that he and Reese have their mobile shop—Re-Tail on the Road—he can even craft larger amenities, such as tents and tree houses."
- "While most of her time is spent running Re-Tail, Reese also lends a hand with her husband Cyrus's crafting business. Together, they're an entrepreneurial dream team!"
- "Goldie's luxurious locks are famous for their natural fluff and sweet aroma. Folks always ask her what her secret is, but she just tells them the truth: she doesn't have any secrets."
- "He's not exactly brave—just empty-headed. He's the type that seems to succeed by willpower alone."
- "Stern of brow and hooked of beak, he's frequently misunderstood based on his appearance. He might take umbrage, if he cared what other people thought."
- "Rosie's something of a town celebrity. If you ever see a crowd of people in a state of frenzy, you can be sure Rosie's on the other side of it."
- "From time to time, Timmy likes to get away from his day job over at Nookling Junction and set up shop at Market Place. Be sure to stop by and see what he's got for sale!"
- "Whenever Tommy needs a break from the hustle and bustle of city life, he heads to Market Place to sell things the old-fashioned way—from right out of his truck!"
- "This natty skunk runs a shoe shop named after himself. Market Place itself gets a bit more fashionable every time he shows up with his wares."
That's not the whole list of characters, however. No, so far there are seven new characters arriving in the game for you to make friends with: Giovanni, Beppe, Carlo, Mabel, Sable, Labelle, and Lloid.
These are the characters we've got so far, but I'd be surprised if we don't get more to chat to in future updates. Considering the amount greyed out on the official website, I'll eat my socks if there aren't more.