Alongside Super Mario Run's Android debut, there's also been some notable changes to the game, for both iOS and Android versions.
Most importantly we're given a shot at playing Bowser's Challenge on World 1-4. Previously we could only play through three of the four levels before having to pay the £9.99 fee to continue, but Nintendo's given us the chance to test it out for free. This option unlocks when you've either collected 100 Toads in Toad Rally, or collected all 15 pink coins from the first three levels.
The update also includes the following:
- Four new colours of Yoshi, not including the traditional green. When you play Toad Rally with a Yoshi of the desired colour, you can get more Toads of the same colour for your collection.
- New buildings to be added soon.
- It's easier to get Rally Tickets in the Bonus Game House.
- Easy Mode is now live, in case you feel like taking the chill path.
- The appearance rate of different coloured Toads has been adjusted.
- The 'How to Play' instructions are a little easier to understand.
- The ease of play has improved by making Rally Tickets more abundant, and by tweaking the requirements needed to unlock buildings in the shop.
- Plus, the usual bits and bug tweaks and patches.
Want more? Check out our 27 other Super Mario Run news stories!