Updated on February 26th 2015, at 14:40: Well, it seems that it's sale season on the App Store right now.
There are a lot more games currently with big discounts than the four we initially highlighted. So we've added a list of the ones we think are worth buying below.
- Inferno 2 - 79p / 99c - buy on the App Store
- Banner Saga - £3.99 / $4.99 - buy on the App Store
- Space Age: A Cosmic Adventure - £1.49 / $1.99 - buy on the App Store
- Machinarium - £1.49 - $1.99 - buy on the App Store
- Out There - £1.49 / $1.99 - buy on the App Store
- Rules! - 79p / 99c - buy on the App Store
- Battleheart Legacy - £1.49 / $1.99 - buy on the App Store
- Twisty Hollow - 79p / 99c - buy on the App Store
- DUNGEONy - 79p / 99c - buy on the App Store
Original story follows...
A bunch of cracking iOS games have gone on sale today so it's our duty to let you know about them.
If you haven't got any of these then we highly recommend you pick them up while they're cheap. Oh, and one of them is completely free, so grab that immediately.
The first one is the Gold Award-winning Botanicula. Our reviewer called it a "bold, bright, and brilliant point-and-click adventure, Botanicula is an experience to be savoured."
Gunbrick is still quite a new game and so this is its first price drop. It also got a Gold Award from us. Our reviewer said it's an "ingenious, well put together mash up of genres and ideas, Gunbrick is the first must-buy of 2015."
We didn't review Desert Golfing but there are some that consider it to be one of the best iOS games of 2014. You aim golf balls at a hole to progress slowly across a never-ending desert.
Despite only coming out a month ago, Yet It Moves is free to download right now in its first price drop. We gave it a Gold Award. We called it "[i]ngenious in every aspect of its design from visuals to controls, this is a new generation of platformer that will earn a permanent place on your home screen."