Your Boom Beach army just got a little hotter, as Supercell has added a fire-spitting tank to its tropical strategy game.
The new troop, The Scorcher, is a massive armored unit with a short range. It takes loads of Energy to deploy but leaves the battlefield by blowing up and damaging everything nearby. You'll need a level 18 HQ to hire one.
The update also adds female villagers and new new wildlife for your island, new power base layouts, and loads more stuff that means nothing to me. Here's all the update info, as per the Supercell forum.
- New Power Base tactical note system for Task Forces
- See information about your attacker's statues
- Several new Power Base layouts
- Find new wildlife on your island
- Female villagers
- New Gunboat upgrade visuals
- New Flamethrower upgrade visuals
- New, more accurate visual effect for Boom Mine explosions
- Tap on your Submarine's dive location while it's exploring the depths
- The Grenadier now throws faster and further, with a slightly increased grenade explosion radius (DPS remains the same)
- Statue boosts will pause automatically during maintenance
- Increased Ice Statue boost times to 10h per PP
- Cannons, Boom Cannons and Boom Mines no longer deal double damage to Tanks, but instead deal more damage overall
- Tanks do more damage and train faster, but have less health
- Operation Intel costs now scale according to the size of your Task Force (tap here for more info)
- Sabotage price reduced (initially 3, then +2 per subsequent sabotage)
- Better pathfinding for all troops
- Gunboat ability grid when attacking is now pixel precise
- Recommended Task Forces now tell you why they're being recommended to you
- Matchmaking for 600 VPs and upwards has been changed (tap here for more info)
- PvP loot bonus is no longer determined by the strength of your opponent's defenses, only their total XP matters
- Added bonus to loot when attacking high VP players
- Dr. Terror's visiting hours have changed (tap here for more info)
- If you leave a Task Force at any point during an Operation, you won't receive the OP reward, even if you re-join before the Operation finishes
- Officers can only kick a Task Force Member every 20 minutes
- You can join 10 Task Forces per day
- Landing Craft colors improved
- Turrets no longer rotate all day long
- Friends list will show the correct VPs for your friends
- Sabotage button greys out when a sabotage is happening
- Attacking within the '4 minute next invasion window' won't reset the timer back to 4 minutes anymore
- Bouncing Dr. Terror base visual glitch removed
- Changed the Grenadier's movement speed text from moderate to slow (no change to his in-game movement speed)
- You can no longer leave 1-3 NPC bases on your map to 'game' the PvP base spawns (a fully empty map always gives the best chance of new invasions, as originally intended)
Will you be taking the new troop out for a ride?
Want more? Check out our growing collection of Boom Beach news stories!