Golden Week is a period of public holidays in Japan that kicks off with the (former) Emperor's Birthday on April 29 and ends with Children's Day on May 5.
Traditionally, this is a time for long vacations, family bonding, and - of course - marathon gaming sessions.
While we don't typically observe Golden Week in the west, Sony's hoping to jump start the celebrations with a massive sale on Japanese games on the PSN.
Our friends at Siliconera have the full list - which also includes a few PS3 games - but the real standouts here are the following:
- Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $9.99 ($5.00 for PS Plus), originally $19.99
- Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection $14.99 ($8.99 for PS Plus), originally $29.99
- Persona 4 Golden $19.49 ($14.62 for PS Plus), originally $29.99
- Muramasa Rebirth $12.49 ($7.49 for PS Plus), originally $24.99
- Ys: Memories of Celceta $27.99 ($19.59 for PS Plus), originally $39.99
- Chrono Cross $4.99 ($3.49 for PS Plus), originally $9.99
- Chrono Trigger $4.99 ($3.49 for PS Plus), originally $9.99
Also, the Silver Award-winning Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc's on sale too for $35.99 - $32.39 for PS Plus, originally $39.99 - but it's only $5.00 or so off, so it's not really that tremendous of a deal.
The PSN sale kicks off on April 29, the start of Golden Week, and will run - fittingly - until May 5.