We've struck gold! We Vita owners, that is.
Over on the Terraria Facebook page, it's been confirmed that the next major version of the Silver Award-winning game will go live on consoles on April 17th.
This won't just include a bunch of bug fixes, by the way (though there will be plenty of them). No, this is a huge content-filled update.
Just take a look at the abridged version of the official changelog for the 1.2 update below. I mean, seriously!
- Players now have an option to turn off back touch
- Multiplayer stability has been improved
- Some items now stack to 999 or to 99 including ores and buckets
- You no longer need to jump to ascend single blocks
- There is a new hardmode jungle temple
- In total there are over 1,000 new items
- There are 8 new friendly NPCs
- There are 4 new bosses
- There are over 100 new enemies
And they're just the tip of the iceberg.
If you need more than a large update to extend your interest in Terraria, then fear not: Terraria 2 is on its way.
We don't know exactly when it will be available, sure, but we do know it will be heading to consoles, mobiles, and tablets.