The first big conference of the mobile industry is rapidly getting closer: Mobile World Congress 2010 in Barcelona kicks off on Monday February 15th.
One of the most exciting parts of the event this year will be the App Planet.
Described as an event within an event, it's designed to highlight what's going on in the fast moving mobile applications sector.
Located in Hall 7, it will be open to all pass holders during MWC and will feature over 50 app-specific exhibitors, providing what's been called "an abundance of opportunities for developers and mobile professionals from operators, value-added service providers, and equipment and device manufacturers from around the world to connect and network."
Each of the days is themed, with BlackBerry hosting its developers day on Tuesday 16th February.
During this, you'll be able to discover the opportunities available on BlackBerry, visit the BlackBerry Developer stand (no 7B26, Hall 7) to see what's new on the the BlackBerry platform, participate in hands-on labs, as well as arranging one-to-one meetings to address specific commercial and technical app issues in depth.
And that's why BlackBerry's manufacturer Research In Motion is giving away 10 tickets for Pocket Gamer readers to gain access to the complete four days of Mobile World Congress and the App Planet.
To qualify for the competition, you must either be:
1. a mobile developer or have a keen interest in mobile development;
2. a BlackBerry developer; or
3. an advanced-level developer.
You must also be able to make your own way to Barcelona and cover your own travel, accommodation and subsistence costs.
If you meet these criterion, please email your details to jon [at] pocketgamer.biz, using the heading "BlackBerry App Planet competition".
But be quick, as the competition will end at 6pm GMT on Wednesday 27th January.
Those already attending WMC can register for the BlackBerry developers day here.
- The competition closes on at 6 GMT 27th January 2010, and no entries will be accepted after this date.
- The winning entries will be drawn after the competition has closed on 27th and winners will be notified by email shortly after.
- This prize cannot be substituted for a cash prize.
- Pocket Gamer parent company Steel Media's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the winners of the competition.