Space dust has a lot to answer for, including radio interference, numerous third rate super heroes and rotting the teeth of kids during the 1970s.
It’s also behind the miraculous transformation of the earth’s flora and fauna in Mushroom Men: Rise of the Fungi, the latest DS game from publisher Southpeak Games.
It seems the collision of an asteroid with our fair planet, and the subsequent cloud of cosmic powder this creates, has raised all manner of bugs and plants to the level of sentience. Now, as is the wont of sentient beings, they’ve all started squabbling and laying into each other over such trivialities as territory and how many legs they have.
You take control of one of three mushroom men in this weird and wonderful action platformer, as you make your way through treacherous environments, battling bugs and opposing mushroom tribes.
The game’s out on Friday 27th March, along with the complementary Wii version, which picks up on the story from a later point.
We've teamed up with publisher Southpeak Games to give one lucky UK-based reader a Nintendo DS and a copy of Mushroom Men: Rise of the Fungi. Two runners up will receive a copy of the game each.
All you have to do, in keeping with this tale of anthropomorphic fungi, is grab a real-life mushroom and make it up to look like a sentient being. Drawing pins for eyes? Bacon for feet? Peanuts for teeth? Sure - whatever you want.
Take a picture of your creation and email it, along with your name, address and telephone number, to [email protected] before March 27th.
The entry that shoots the most potent spore of mirth into our hearts will will a DS and a copy of Mushroom Men: Rise of the Fungi. Two runners up will win a copy of the game each.
- The competition closes on April 3rd 2009, and no entries will be accepted after this date.
- The winning entries will be drawn after the competition has closed on April 3rd and winners will be notified by email shortly after.
- This prize cannot be substituted for a cash prize.
- Pocket Gamer parent company Steel Media's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the winners of the competition.
- Entry is open to UK residents only. Full terms and conditions are available here.